Author's Note [NECESSARY READ]

I got the idea to try something different and do what fanfictions should do. Sure, the other stories do mostly feel like they belong in the show, but they add little to nothing new. So, I thought it try and add to the show. When I thought back to how much the status quo changed in the season 3 episode "The Shell", I got the idea to write a little follow up that depicts one of the fanmade consequences of one of those fairies breaking from their shells. That's when this epic idea for something meant to resemble a hypothetical television special came into mind.

A lot of how it will play out was also influenced by the music scores of John Powell, particularly his work in Mars Meeds Moms (2011) and Solo: A Star Wars Story with John Williams. The credits suite from the soundtrack of those movies definitely inspired how the sci-fi-adventure elements would be executed. This wasn't the first time my literature and screenplays were influenced by the music of John Powell.

If you notice any grammatical errors, please understand that some of them are intentional for surreality. For example; seeing that this is technically an Australian fanfiction of a British show set in the United States, I wrote the dialogue of the characters in American spelling and terminology (some words like "apologise! contain a Z instead of an S and some words like "colour" lack the U) while still retaining the Australian and British spellings and terms for the rest of the paragraphs.

I'm putting as much effort as I possibly can to make these feel like a Gumball special. I'm gonna continuously check the Fandom wikia every time I write some dialogue for a character, check previous paragraphs to see how grammatically correct they are, and so much more. If this doesn't look like a Gumball special, just know that I tried desperately to replicate the source material.

For purposes of continuity, I located the setting of this story somewhere between seasons 5 and 6. So this fanfiction is to be treated as a special from those seasons (particularly the former).

All characters except OCs are copyrighted by Cartoon Network. I do not own anything associated with The Amazing World of Gumball.

Anyway, that's it for my Author's Note.

Let the fanfictions begin!!!