Bonus - Sources Of Inspiration

Other Fanfictions
The idea for a fanfiction came from various fanfictions that did what most of my previous ones couldn't; expand upon the source material. Examples include It's Over When It's Over and how it turned The Void into a realm of literally living evil, and Claws of Rage and how it expanded upon Nicole's anger abilities. It gave me the idea that my fanfictions just weren't doing what the best fanfictions were doing, regardless of how proud I were that they fitted snugly into the series. So, I decided to try something that expanded a key plot point in the show without altering continuity.

The "Gumny/Penball" Genre
Some of my favourite moments in the show are the cute moments with Gumball and Penny, which leads to one of my favourite genres of TAWOG fanfiction; Gumball x Penny genre (AKA Gumny or Penball). While many of them are questionable and don't really fit the show, many of my favourites are some of the most adorable fanfictions I've ever read. I always wanted to write one that wasn't a one-shot. So I thought "This idea could have Penny in the lead role for once." Therefore, I decided to write something that would have both cute Gumny/Penball moments and heartwarming philosophy related to Penny's freedom from her shell.

Inspired by Music
The primary sources for the execution of the story come from the music of personally one of the film industry's best composers, John Powell (Shrek, Ice Age: The Meltdown, How to Train Your Dragon). I was thinking about how the story should play out while listening to film soundtracks on YouTube Music when I selected John Powell's soundtrack for Disney's Mars Needs Moms, and I loved what ideas the music score gave me. When I got to the credits suite, some of the best ideas came into my head and I knew that was how I was going to execute it. The inspiration coming from the "Mars Needs Moms Credits Suite" track can be broken down in the following dot points:
-0:00-0:57 for the action-adventure scenes.
-0:57-1:21 for the intense moments.
-1:21-2:24 for the calm to epic moments where Gumball shows Penny that she won't be alone.
-2:24-3:05 for the rescue scene.
-3:05-3:43 for the escape and climax battle scenes.

Also inspiring the story was the deluxe edition of Solo: A Star Wars Story's original motion picture soundtrack (also composed by Powell), with the track titled "Super Extra Deluxe End Credits Suite" broken down into the following inspirational dot points:
-0:29-1:41 for the Ferris Wheel chase in chapters 1 and 2.
-1:41-2:50 for that moment between Gumball and Penny in chapter 2.
-2:50-3:45 for the "ride of romance" in chapter 1.
-3:45-5:23 for "Derek's" message and the diversion to avoid the cops.
-5:23-7:43 for the train chase.
-7:43-8:23 for the second time Gumball and Penny escaped capture.
-8:23-9:57 for their journey through the Forest to the Elmore City Limits.

Other music scores by John Powell ("Test Drive" from How to Train Your Dragon, "Manny and Ellie Meet" from Ice Age: The Meltdown and "Wild Ride" from Robots) can also be given credit, with additional inspiration coming from "The Kyln Escape" by Tyler Bates from Guardians of the Galaxy, "Across the Stars" by John Williams from Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones, and "Iron Man 3" for the Marvel Studios film of the same name composed by Brian Tyler.