Chapter 22: Safe Again..

Some time after the Tou Tou performance which melted Hafiz's heart, the 2nd round of eliminations had unfortunately gotten another 40 or so trainees axed from the show. As saddened as Krystian was to bid some of his new friends goodbye, Hafiz consoled him assuringly as he wiped away the latter's tears, "You should be proud of them for making it this far, my beloved baby vampire. I'm sure we'll get to see them again in the future; besides, I understand you guys have a dedicated WhatsApp or WeChat group chat or something like that, right?" Krystian nodded as he let his fiancé kiss his forehead, "I'm one of the admins, by the way. Would you like me to add you in? I'm sure the guys from the first elimination round would be happy to hear from you again." Hafiz smiled, "Of course, my love. I'm okay with that, thank you." Krystian chuckled as Jun Liu found them and said, "Looks like your call for the Uniters to vote for Krystian have paid off handsomely." "Thus far, it has, and I'm glad they've been voting consistently," Hafiz replied before adding on, with a tinge of jealousy in his changed tone of voice, "By the way, I couldn't help but notice your closeness with my fiancé here." "Rest assured, judge Hafiz. I'm a hundred percent straight, and he's my best friend. Speaking of which, I recall you inviting me to your wedding the other day; this may sound a little shameless, but would you mind if I be Krystian's best man?" Hafiz & Krystian looked at each other, clearly stunned by the sudden proposition. After a brief pause, Hafiz replied, "In case you didn't notice, I'm Krystian's top and I already have a best man in mind but since you asked nicely, I don't see why we can't have a second best man, right, baby?" Krystian nodded, "True, hubby. Only question now is: which part of Taiwan will the wedding be held at?" "I'm still looking through a list of locations and narrowing them down gradually, my love. I'll let you know once I get the best spot, okay?" Krystian smiled and kissed Hafiz sweetly, with Jun Liu looking on, "Okay, hubby. Thank you. I love you." "And I you."

In the following days, the remaining 35 trainees took part in activities organised by the mentors plus Hafiz, from acting out skits to friendly dance battles and even playing some games to help them relax & calm themselves down. During one of the dance battles, it was accidentally revealed that Rimiko was a diehard Blink, so Hafiz chose him to face off against Krystian & played a few iconic BlackPink songs for the pair to dance to. Funnily enough, Lisa was also there to witness the battle via Zoom. The other trainees gasped in shock as the pair nailed the original choreographies move for move; even the Rap & Vocal mentors were left speechless. Just when they thought it was over, however, Hafiz cheekily played Jennie's debut single, Solo, causing the trainees to erupt in awe. Despite being caught off guard initially, Krystian & Rimiko quickly began dancing to the song move for move till the end. "Okay, it's a draw!! Rimiko, you surprised me, boy!!! You are INDEED a diehard Blink, and look at Mentor Lisa smiling over there.. Aaaawwwww, she must be so proud of you both for dancing so well to her group's songs." Lisa laughed & hid her blushing face as she responded, "Indeed I am, and so would Jennie if she were here to watch you two dance to Solo. Well done, you two!!" The other trainees cheered for Rimiko & Krystian as they shook hands; Hafiz merely smiled before walking up to his fiancé, "This is YOUR calling, my love; you were BORN to dance and perform. I couldn't be more proud." Krystian began sobbing as he hugged Hafiz, "Thank you, hubby.. That means so much to me, and having gotten used to each other's antics over the past four years has definitely helped us a lot too." The others merely gushed, with Lisa even touching her chest with a smile, "I've never seen such an open display of affection from a same-sex couple, but I'm truly happy you found each other and have stayed together. You must've been through so many tests to get to where you are now."

Hafiz smiled back at Lisa as he replied, "Yes, we have, but we've only come out stronger than ever as a result of those tests we faced. Both our families are happy for us, and we even plan on a wedding somewhere in Taiwan, a few hours flight from here, after this season of Youth With You wraps up. Unfortunately, given the ongoing pandemic, only our immediate family members can attend ALTHOUGH Krystian and I have arranged for Jun Liu to attend as Krystian's best man as well given their close friendship. Given my network of contacts in various industries across the world due to my travels, I think that the arrangement will be successful, given time." Rimiko & the other trainees began surrounding Jun Liu, congratulating him on being given such a rare chance. Hafiz then changed the topic, "Okay, enough about us. Let's get started on.... the skits!!! Will Pan, I believe it's your turn now.."