ᴏɴᴇ !

꒰  ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ !  ꒱┊͙✧˖*°࿐

꒰ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ ! ꒱
┊͙✧˖*°࿐

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

ℭ𝔥𝔯𝔶𝔰𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔪𝔲𝔪 davey had worked at the b-side record shop for a month now,, and had yet to see anybody come in that relatively resembled duckie dale. needless to say,, she was more than dissatisfied with america's lack of attractive singles.

so,, instead of crying about how she had left england— home of hot accents— she settled for listening to mazzy star or occasionally rewatching the breakfast club. what can she say? molly ringwald was the eye opener for her pansexuality.

chrysanthemum's eyes traced over the small group of customers that roamed carelessly around the album-covered shop. she was shocked at how little wall that was left visible,, to be honest. sometimes,, chrysanthemum tried to pry up a few of the many layers of movie adverts and record covers that had been caked up over the years to see what the actual paint job looked like— so far,, she had reached band performances from the seventies and was still digging.

there couldn't have been more than ten,, possibly fifteen people who even looked old enough to be purchasing the vinyls— some mother had left a group of three kids in the cd section in order buy groceries in peace. chrysanthemum sighed when she saw a box of stone temple pilots recordings topple over out of the corner of her eye. it was definitely one of those children.

"i took this job so that i wouldn't have to babysit,, now look where i am." she muttered. kicking her feet off of the coffee-colored register counter,, the girl pushed her headphones back in and walked towards the storage area. the calming voice of david bowie helped to lull the annoyance that was almost oozing out of her gaze a bit,, but strained her hearing to the point where she walked straight into a customer,, causing her headphones to fall down to her neck.

"oh,, i'm sorry—" she began. chrysanthemum's cheeks flushed cherry red when the person she had collided with stifled a laugh. looking up to meet the person's— who she discovered was a very tall teenage boy— eyes,, her anxiety began to simmer down. the boy wore an amused grin and a prince shirt. she loved prince. he seemed decent enough.

"hey,, man,, it's ok! i was actually looking for someone who works here,, anyways. my friend and i were looking for some def leopard posters,, you know where they are?" he asked.

chrysanthemum smiled and nodded. "totally,, i can show you. i love the shirt, by the way. i'm a huge prince fan myself. my name's chrysanthemum,, what's yours?"

"ben,, pleasure to meet a fellow prince fan! my dad plays him all the time,, just can't get a enough. understandably though,, his music rocks." the girl grinned and nodded. maybe working here wouldn't be shit if people like him came in every so often.