The move

AN: don't really know what I'm even doing. This is my first story but it just popped into my head and I was like why not. I don't even expect anyone to read this it's just something for me to do lol. Have fun

Merediths POV:
"Caitlyn get ur ass down here we need to leave NOW!!!" I was shouting at my 14 year old daughter to get down stairs as we have a flight to catch in just over an hour.

We were already late, one of my friends was meant to drop us off at the airport a half hour ago.

"Mom calm doing I'm coming" she shouted back.

"I swear this girl will be the death of me, I think we're going to miss our flight" I said

"calm down mer it's okay you have an hour" Jess said.

Jess is my best friend in Boston we were interns together, she was sad I was leaving but she understood the situation.

I had to move back to Seattle as my mom has Alzheimer's, she's had it for 2 years now it wasn't bad at first but over the last few weeks it had gotten bad. VERY bad. I put her in a home but I couldn't just leave her there with no family, as much as she was a horrible mother she was still my mom. I always thought if caitlyn ever did that to me I would never forgive her so I was moving, leaving my whole life behind.

"CAITLYN" I screamed this time as I was really panicking about our flight.
She came running down on FaceTime to her best friend Georgia.

"Jeez mom calm down I'm ready" she told me.

"Are u sure you have everything" I asked.
"If I've left anything Jess can send it over. Right?"
"Right" Jess replied
And with that we left the house to go to the airport.

Caitlyn POV:
I'm actually kinda pissed at my mom for making me move to the other side of the country, my life had just started getting good. I had loads of friends, good grades and I was even starting to get to know this guy that I've like for a while, but I need to leave it all behind. I was kinda excited at the same time, you know a fresh start away from everyone. Don't get me wrong I'll miss my life in Boston but I want change.

I hear my mom shouting at me to hurry up I wasn't really listening though  I was on FaceTime to my best friend Georgia, I was really going to miss her we've been best friends for nearly 10 years. We have been through so much together. We weren't talking about anything interesting or important. My mom was screaming now, she always gets so panicked when we're getting a flight thinking we'll miss it. I quickly hang up and run downstairs positive I have everything.

My mom asks me about 5 times if I'm sure I have everything then we leave for the airport.

Merediths POV:
We get to the airport with just over half an hour to get through security. The airport was surprisingly quiet so we got through fairly quickly, me and caitlyn went to our gate and just sat there waiting to board our flight.

Caitlyn was sitting on her phone probably texting Georgia, I felt kinda bad dragging them apart. They had been best friends since they were around 5 thats 10 years of friendship not many people have that. They have a very special bond as they have went through so much together.

"Who are you texting?" I asked her

"Try guess" she replied

"Georgia?"

"Yep"

"You know I'm sorry that I'm dragging you to the other side of the country, dragging you and Georgia apart. Right?" I asked felling guilty

"Mom I told you I'm fine with it, yeah I'm going to miss my life here and Georgia but I get a fresh start, we get a fresh start" she replied

"I love you"

"I love you to mom" she said as she put her head on my shoulder.

I gave her a small kiss on the head. This girl was my life I loved her more than anything I honestly couldn't live without her.

"Flight 369 to Seattle now boarding" the intercom said

"Come on caitlyn" she look very tired, she has around 5 hours to sleep on the plane though.

Caitlyn's POV:
I was very tired nearly asleep on my moms shoulder until I heard the woman on the intercom saying our flight is boarding. I stood up with my mom and walked over and into the plane.

We had the row to ourselves so I'm happy, we left the middle seat empty so we would have more room to.

As soon as the plane took off I was suddenly wide awake so I sat and watched a movie on my iPad.
I must have drifted off though because the next thing I remember is my mom waking me up telling me we're about to land.

AN: again this is my first story so I'm sorry if it's bad. I've been ready greys anatomy fanfics for a couple months now and I feel like I've read all the good ones so I just thought I would write one. I can't promise I'll have regular updates as I go back to school on Monday and I also do 14 hours of gymnastics a week but I'll try my best. I'll probably continue this story even if no one reads it lol.