Chapter Nine- She's lost it.

~Sam's point of view~

The three days I've spent with Kirsten and Zane have been bittersweet. I do like Shawna after spending time with her; I know that I'd never be able to love her like I do, Kirsten. I know that Kirsten will never care about me like she did back then. Even though I didn't cheat, she still has the situation in her head. I see the way she looks at Deacon. She used to look at me like that. I still see love in her eyes when she looks at me, but it's not the kind of love that she used to have.

We won't ever be there again. I now know how a broken heart feels. I hate that hers felt like that. I hate that I caused her heart to feel like that. I promised her that I'd try to make it work with Shawna, and I will. I can do the same thing with her that I did with Ginger. I wasn't miserable; the sex was boring, but I know with Shawna, it wouldn't be like that. I could be happy with her. It would also keep me in Kirsten's life when she is with Shawna. Hopefully, I'll grow to care about her.

Zane is sleeping. She has gone to take a shower; It's me sitting here with my thoughts, which isn't always the best thing for me.

My phone rings. It's Reba.

~Phone conversation~

Sam- "Hello?"

Reba- "Shestabbedhim."

Sam- "What?"

Reba- "Shestabbedhim."

I can't understand her through her hysterics.

Sam- "Slow down and say it again."

Reba- "SHE STABBED HIM."

Sam- "Who?"

Reba- "Dr. Howell Stabbed Deacon."

Sam- "Where is he now?"

Reba- "In the ER."

Sam- "Did you call Darren?"

Reba- "Yes."

Sam- "You did the right thing, Reba. I'll call Darren."

Reba- "Ok."

Sam- "Close the clinic due to an emergency and go home."

Reba- "Ok."

~End phone conversation~

I can't leave Kirsten, especially if Sia has snapped. I know that she will be her next target. I step out and call Darren.

~Phone Conversation~

Darren- "Hello?"

Sam- "Are you with Deacon?"

Darren- "Waiting room."

Sam- "Do you know anything yet?"

Darren- "No."

I feel an incredibly sharp pain, and my world goes black.

Darren- "Sam?"

Darren- "Sam?"

~End phone conversation~

~Kirsten's point of view~

I got out of the shower, dried, and got dressed. With Deacon coming after work, I try to do something with my hair. I give up and step into the room. I come face to face with Sia.

Kirsten: "What are you doing here?"

Sia: "You know why I'm here, Kirsten."

Kirsten: "No, I don't."

Sia: "Then you're as stupid as he is."