Chapter fifteen- Three months later

~Kirsten's point of view~

~Three months later~

It's been crazy. My dad told me who he is. I had always wondered where he got his money. Now I know and don't feel bad about the house. Sia's story was all over the news. My whole family found out about my dad, and that has been a shit storm. My siblings flipped their shit because of what my dad did for me. He was quick to tell them what he did with his money was his business. Mom wasn't happy either. She thought she had the money; she was wrong. I still laugh thinking about it.

My dad made it clear that he had an ironclad prenup with my mom. He said he learned after Francis. Still, what he had to given her was not even a dent in what he has. I still want nothing to do with my mother.

Deacon and I are just as strong as we were three months ago. He hasn't gone back to work. Daddy won't let him. It wasn't that anything was wrong. Daddy just wouldn't release him to work. Even his doctor was flabbergasted, but he knew better than to argue with my dad.

Deacon: "Babe..."

Kirsten: "What, Deke?"

Deacon: "Your dad called. He and Darren are on their way here."

Kirsten: "Why?"

Deacon: "I don't know."

He comes from wherever he was.

Deacon: "Zane is taking a nap."

Kirsten: "So?"

Deacon: "We've got a bit before they'll be here."

I knew exactly what that meant. We got tangled up in each other until we heard my dad.

We hurry and shower, then head to the living room.

Darren: "Jesus, you two. Is that what y'all do every time Zane takes a nap?"

Deacon: "Not always."

Carter: "They're just working on giving me more grandbabies."

Kirsten: "Exactly, Daddy."

Darren: "Is Zane still sleeping?"

Zane: "I not sleeping."

He goes straight to my dad.

Carter: "We need you two to follow us to town."

Kirsten: "Ok."

Deacon and I both had issues getting insurance money from the fires. My dad got us a lawyer, and we finally got it. We both agreed to put the checks into account for our children. I had decided not to rebuild my bakery. I had put so much into it that I couldn't replace what I lost.

Kirsten: "What car, Deacon?"

Zane: "Jeep!"

I laugh. Every time we leave the house now, we have to take the Jeep. Zane loves it. Deacon gives him any and everything that he wants.

Deacon: "The child has spoken, Mama."

That's what he says every single time. I gave up arguing. Deacon sweeps Zane up, and we leave.

My dad and Darren are super close. Now when you see one, you see the other. I love that they are close. I've gotten really close to both of his brothers. My dad has told me he's the son he never had. My dad loves Levi; they just don't get along. It got even worse after it all came out. It wasn't like they didn't know about the adoption. I was the only one who didn't know about that.