Chapter Fourteen- Truth revealed.

~Kirsten's point of view~

We were sound asleep and my phone, then Deacons did. I grab my phone is five am. It's my dad; he called both Deacon and me.

Deacon: "Call him Babe."

Kirsten: "I'm trying; it's busy."

Deacon's phone rings, and it's Darren. He puts it on speaker.

~Phone conversation~

Deacon- "Hello?"

Darren- "Hey, we're on the way to your house. Be up. We need to talk to you."

Deacon- "Ok."

Darren- "Make sure Kirsten is awake."

Kirsten- "I'm up."

Darren – "Ok. See you guys in fifteen."

~End phone conversation~

We both get up and shower together, but nothing funny. We legitimately shower and get out. We both throw on jogging pants and t-shirts. It's been two weeks since we moved in. Deacon and I are closer than ever. He's made it clear he wants another child. We haven't done anything to prevent it. I'm ok with it. I've always wanted more. This may not be the best way to do it, but we're going with it.

My dad and Darren come by every few days. They bring groceries every time. I think they think we're going to run out or something. That and Zane's toy collection is growing.

Deacon: "Something isn't right, Babe."

Kirsten: "I know."

We both check on Zane then go to the living room. We've become a solid couple quickly. We both know that this is something that is going to last forever.

Fifteen minutes seemed to take forever. We finally seen headlights come downstairs in the driveway. Deacon grabs my hand.

Deacon: "Kirsten, I don't know what they're about to say to us. Whatever it is, I want you to know that I love you and Zane more than anything."

He's stressed, and I know it. I lean in and kiss him.

Kirsten: "We love you too."

My dad and Darren come in. Neither looks like they had any kind of sleep. They also smelled terrible.

Deacon: "Why do you smell like that?"

My dad has seemed to age twenty years.

Carter: "What your smelling is smoke."

My dad said sadly.

Kirsten: "From?"

Darren: "Sia burned down your house, Deacon. Kirsten, she got your bakery too."

That hit hard. Deacon wraps his arms around me as I sob into his arms. Everything I worked my teenage years for went down the drain.

~Deacon's point of view~

Deacon: "Is the bakery a total loss?"

Carter: "Yes."

Darren: "Your house is too."

Deacon: "It was hers. I didn't want it. All I care about is Kirsten's bakery."