I guess kinda an explanation?

Hey guys... long time no see?

I know plenty of you have been asking for an update for the past like... year? I'm not sure how long its been...

I hate to disappoint you all... seriously I always read the comments I get as soon as I get them and I want to thank you all for the support but as you might've noticed... the story is kinda being discontinued for an unknown amount of time?

I started writing this story at the beginning of quarantine last year when someone told me I needed an outlet because I was just sort of, shutting down mentally? So I took to writing after a show I was avidly rewatching at the time ASOUE.

I was writing practically all day and all night at that point... knocking out 2000 words per chapter I think? Nonstop and I was truly enjoying myself, but then I reached the end of Austere Academy 1 and got busy with the shitty online school that was being tossed at me and I just kinda stopped?

I hate disappointing you guys because I also really know what its like to finally find a "good" fanfiction for it to only be halfway finished and left in the dust after a year, but clearly this isn't going to get finished any time soon.

I still have so many ideas for this story and had so many plans and I'm so pleased that you guys voted on the route you wanted and that helped guide me into what my ideas fed into but I feel like my current writing isn't up to par with what I envisioned it being, plus I very quickly moved on from the ASOUE hyperfixation ;-;

I'm not going to officially say this story will be gone forever, because I still honest to god think about it a lot... but as of right now in its current state, I'm leaving it on hold until the summer and slapping in the title "on hold", and plan to rewatch the show once more and possibly do an overhaul on all the writing before I continue with the plot.

I want to give you guys the best possible writing I can give you and I know I've improved since I wrote this, so I'll spark a flame and say that theres hope that this story will continue in the summer... but I need to get my own laptop again first (may or may not have accidentally totally broke it)...

Thank you for holding out for me for so long and I truly hope you all enjoyed the story as of right now.

Have a wonderful rest of your day/night,
Julia