The Bond Formed

The exorcist wakes up to see the vampire with a book. Albedo is there as well.

"Ah, good. You're awake, now we can explain things to you." The healer slash scientist rolls away on his chair, then returns with a notebook. "It looks like Xingqiu accidentally marked you as his vie liée. I'm afraid you won't be able to leave without him for quite some time, it'll take training and timing. I'll leave Xingqiu to explain the rest. Now, get out of my office. There are others to treat."

The two males leave his office. All of Chongyun's attempts to start a conversation are knocked down. They make it to Xingqiu's room, which is already set up for two, and the vampire is still ignoring him.

"Do you hate me that much, Xingqiu?"

There's a groan from the vampire, whom is now flopped down on his bed. His reply is muddled.

"That is not the reason I have not been talking."

"Then what is?!" The exorcist is mad. He came in for a simple job, but is now stuck with a vampire with a sour temper? Not fair, life.

The vampire sits up, placing a small throw pillow in his lap. He stares out the window at the moonlight.

"The vie liée can often be quite an... romantic bond. The process of feeding can be seen as a romantic bond. A vie liée will often end up dating their vampire." The bookworm vampire reluctantly admits. Chongyun's face goes bright red at the first romantic.

"B-but the feeding we had before was nothing like that!" He protests.

"It is not the act that is romantic, but the gesture unto itself that is. When you give up some of your life force for a creature known as a monster to survive, that is seems as very romantic." The vampire sighs, flopping back down onto his bed. "However, I am exhausted. We shall talk tomorrow night. I recommend you sleep a little while you can. I'm afraid you shall have to be at least partially nocturnal."

With that, the vampire curls up and goes to sleep. Chongyun sighs, closing the window in which moonlight was shining through. It's completely blacked out now, apart from a small nightlight in the middle of the room.

The exorcist sits on his bed, thinking through everything that just happened. He rubs his neck from where Xingqiu drank, wondering when he'll be able to go outside again, and when the next feeding will be.

He eventually falls asleep in the middle of his thoughts.

***

Xingqiu stares at the sleeping male, wondering when he will wake up. The vampire had been awake for a while, and had finished his book. The ending was very much so expected.

He picks out another book and begins to read. His hunger was becoming close to overwhelming again, but he refuses to acknowledge it until he has to. He already messed things up for the exorcist, he doesn't plan on adding to that.

***

Chongyun wakes to find Xingqiu engrossed in a book. He sits up, stretching and yawning. The vampire looks over, pupils constricting into their catlike features. He then looks away quickly.

"You're finally awake. Come, I wish for you to meet some of the others." The vampire stands up and walks to the door, leaving Chongyun with no choice but to follow.

The two wander along the corridors of the old and strange house with passages all around, until they reach a games room. Two males, ones Chongyun recognise as an elf and a god, are sitting in the corner with shots. They appear to be playing some form of drinking game. The ghost Hu Tao is talking to the adeptus. There's many other interactions, but Xingqiu walks over to the adeptus and ghost.

"Good evening Hu Tao, Xiao." He nods at both of them politely. Chongyun watches from a small bit back.

"Who's your shadow?" The ghost floats over to him, squishing his cheeks. "He's kinda cute!" The exorcist flushes immediately, stepping back and managing to trip over an empty wine casket on the floor. He falls down with a thud.

"That's Chongyun. He's an exorcist, and my vie liée." The vampire shrugs while Hu Tao gives a happy squeal. She drags Chongyun up on his feet, and hugs him.

"Are you dating? Have you kissed? Have you had se-" There is a sudden smack on Hu Tao's head. Xiao drags her away from the exorcist.

"I apologise for her. The expectations mixed with her personality meant that was almost guaranteed." The vampire gives an apologetic grin. Chongyun, who was already red, flushes a small bit more. Xingqiu was attractive, now he realised it past the weirdness.

All of a sudden, Xingqiu stumbles. He catches himself on a table quickly, but Chongyun still noticed. "You need to feed again, right?" The vampire shakes his head, clearly lying. The exorcist helps the vampire brace himself, and helps him walk out of the room.

"What are you doing...?" Xingqiu is obviously struggling. Chongyun gently leans him against the wall, where the vampire falls down to a sitting position.

"If feeding is an intimate and romantic thing, I figured it would be easier for you when we're not surrounded by people." Chongyun pulls down his clothing slightly so his neck is fully exposed. "We're bonded together, I'm here to help."

Xingqiu gives a small smile. He's paler than his complexion should be, showing he'd waited for too long again. "Thank you."

The vampire leans in, and quickly feeds. Chongyun is more tired after the feeding, but Xingqiu seems stronger. He picks the light blue haired boy up, and starts carrying him back to the room they share.

"I can walk by myself, you know." Chongyun claims, though he was secretly grateful.

"Consider it a thank you." The vampire gives a small smile, still looking ahead. He seems very distant, but now Chongyun knows he has a secret soft side.

The exorcist passes out soon after.

Word count: 1003

Did I finish this just before a party? Yes, yes I did.