Chapter 1

Gibbs and I were talking about the case, it's nice to be with him talk, drink some bourbon in his basement with his boat, eat something, have a coffee. Small things but with him, special. After a few minutes we heard a knock on the door. "Forward!" I said. It was Faith in her nurse clothes. “Hi Jack, Agent Gibbs. Sorry, if you're busy I'll be back tomorrow. " I hadn't noticed how close we were, we were leaning forward over the suspect's profile, our knees touching and our heads about eight inches apart. So close to anyone else I would have felt uncomfortable, but with him it's different I feel protected and happy. "No, I'm going back to the team now." Gibbs said standing up and holding out a hand which I grabbed immediately to get up from the blue sofa. "There is no need, I have a few minutes, then I'll have to go back to the ward." Faith and I hugged like a mother and daughter would. "Hi Faith, so… did you come here to tell me something or is it a courtesy visit?" "Actually there would be one thing I would like to ask you." I nodded, remembering when he asked me about his biological father. “Would you like to meet my boyfriend? At dinner tonight? " "Sure! ... but ...." I said very happy at first, then remembered my plans for the evening and turned to my desk, where Gibbs was listening to the conversation. Realizing that everyone was waiting for an answer from him, he hurried. "Steaks won't go bad for an extra day in the fridge, Jack." "Your husband can come too, if he wants." Faith said to me, making sure there was at least one ring in my left ring finger. Gibbs and I exchanged one look embarrassed but at the same time amused. Then I looked at the hand that was looking at Faith. "Ah ... no ... this ... was your grandmother's engagement ring, I have to go get it enlarged. Anyway, Gibbs and I are… that is, we're not married or even engaged, we're friends. " "Oh ... sorry ... I didn't mean ..." Faith wanted to disappear instantly and her body language did nothing but scream it at the rooftops, her hands writhing quickly and her gaze fixed on the floor were proof of this. "Don't worry, you're not the first to say such a thing." I responded by thinking of Ellie, Nick and McGee discussing the 'thing' between me and Gibbs. "However, the invitation is still valid Agent Gibbs." "I'll come!" "Perfect then at 7.00 pm, in that Italian restaurant near New York Ave?" "Perfect." "Well then, see you later, I have to go." Faith and I said goodbye with another hug, while Faith and Gibbs gave an informal handshake before Faith ran out of the building. "Well, maybe it's better if I go to the team, I'll pick you up at 6.45pm, Jack?" "Okay, see you later Cowboy." I smoothed the wrinkled fabric of his jacket over his shoulder and he left with the profile of the suspect in his hand.

Around 6pm Gibbs let the team go home.

It's 6.43 pm I'm ready to go to dinner. I am dressed in a fitted, knee-length blue lace dress with sleeves that reach mid-forearm and an understated neckline. At 6.45 pm precisely I heard a knock on the door, I got up from the sofa and barefoot I opened the door. "Hey Cowboy, punctual as always." I said gesturing for him to enter. "Hi Jack, shall we go?" "Wait, I'll take my shoes and jacket." I grabbed my shoes and sat in a chair by the door, put on the first blue heel, and before I could grab the second, Gibbs was putting it on. I froze when his rough, warm fingers touched the bare skin of my ankle. "That's it, you look very good dressed like this." "Thank you. Nice tie. " I said as I straightened the perfectly done tie knot a little. I looked up and met Gibbs' ice blue eyes. He approached. Again and again. I backed away until I found a wall behind me, Gibbs put his right hand over my shoulder. "Hey Jack." He said in a sweet, seductive voice. "Hey Gibbs." Gibbs moved even closer, while still giving me space to leave. When he saw that I wasn't leaving, he pressed his warm, dry lips to mine. When we separated from each other, for lack of air, we looked into each other's eyes and without a word we started kissing again, this time deepening the kiss. Then one thing led to another and we found ourselves in the room, our shoes and the blue jacket of Gibbs' suit were lost at the entrance while his shirt I think is in the living room. Gibbs quickly moved from his mouth to his jaw and gradually descended. When he touched the scars on his back I almost burst into tears, "Hey Jack, you're beautiful." The sad tears that threatened to flow down my cheeks have turned on tears of happiness.

After a while we fell asleep. At 19.32 we were awakened by the banging of a fist on the door. Who could it be? I put on a dressing gown I had in my room by accident and went to open it. "Oh no, sorry Faith…. Something happened… something that took hold of both me and Gibbs." What an embarrassment! "Okay, but you could have alerted or at least answered the 10 calls or 24 messages I left you." "Right, sorry." "Can we just go in for a moment so that you get to know each other?" "Jack, who's at the door?" I could see Faith's shock that she maybe she realized and her boyfriend more than confused about her. "Agent Gibbs ?!" she called it amused. I opened the door slightly wider and Gibbs came to my side, dressed only with a towel tied around the waist. "Yes, hello Faith and….?" Gibbs said keeping his poker face. "Derek Lewis, his daughter's boyfriend, sir." How did that guy respect Gibbs? It must have been his frozen gaze. "Should I call you Dad now, Gibbs?" Derek was even more confused, poor boy. “Hi I'm Jack and he's Gibbs… my Cowboy… and he's not Faith's father. Even if in other circumstances I would have liked his father to be him. " I responded by introducing ourselves and holding back tears as Gibbs kissed me on the forehead. Before Derek could say anything Faith blocked him with a look. "I think this evening was lost due to this unexpected event." I said more sunny than ever. “You are very busy as far as I can see. Real mum? " Faith said almost bursting out laughing, I don't know if I was more surprised that she had called me mom or more embarrassed about the situation, Gibbs and I felt like high schoolers caught by their parents. “Have you already had dinner? If not, would you like to eat here? " "Sure." He immediately accepted Faith with an amused air. “Wait a minute here. We have to fix things." "Clothes scattered around, right?" "Wait here." Soon after, we all gathered in the kitchen and ate like a family, while I was trying to get rid of the embarrassed early evening.

If you want the story to continue, don't forget to rate and comment 🤗🤗