Chapter 2

With a bit of cunning and the blackmail of serving him my coffee when he least expected it, I managed to get that Grinch Gibbs to come with me to the NCIS Christmas party.

And now here we are, in the elevator, waiting to reach the right floor. He is dressed in a gray suit, white shirt, no tie and classic black shoes. While wearing a fitted burgundy dress, knee length, the semi sweetheart neckline is hidden by a thin layer of lace with gold decorations and a thick black belt at the waist.

Coming out of the elevator hidden in the crowd, near the buffet, I catch a glimpse of the team. I point this out to Gibbs and we get closer to them. "Hi, very special agents!" I start by hugging everyone a bit. "Hi Jack, I love your dress." Ellie greets me with her mouth half full. "Yours is great too." "Woow Jack." Nick says from behind Ellie. "So ... nice party right?" "Certainly Jacqueline, excellent Bourbon and beautiful women." Ducky said more elegant than ever. Soon after, the music started. Soon, would-be knights arrived for me, Ellie and Kasie. But obviously the worst happened to me, aside from Leon and Ducky. After a series of half-time dances, I sat down next to Gibbs. "Did you dance Jack?" His tone sounded slightly annoyed despite his poker face. This amused me a little. "Yes, they are all excellent dancers." I lied. "Well ..." he snorted. Before I could argue, Mathew Zee walked over. A man with a behavior more like that of a pig than that of a civilized person towards women. "Sloane, come dance, with me too!" He ordered arrogantly as if it were something that was rightfully his. "No!" Gibbs replied. "She just said she was going to give me this dance." He said almost spitting in his eye. He took me by the hand and accompanied me to the side of the track. "Thanks Cowboy!" "Of what Jack? You accepted." He played a slow one and Gibbs took me in his strong arms. I rested my head in the crook of his neck. I felt everyone's eyes on me, on us. At the end of the song I looked up by mistake and ... I can't believe it ... there is a sprig of mistletoe with a red bow. "Gibbs ..." "Yes, Jack?" "There's mistletoe above us." "I know!" Of course, Gibbs always knows everything. "What do we do?" "Ignore it, you know I'll shower you with kisses at home." I almost purred. But it would have been too easy to avoid embarrassment. Officially finished the song, as we went back to sit down, Nick grabbed a microphone. "Jack, Gibbs! Traditions are respected." "What?" I mimed with my lips. "Oh come on guys. The mistletoe!" Gibbs gave Nick one of his cold looks. This only made things worse. Nick founded a choir, supported by almost everyone. "KISS, KISS, KISS, KISS ....." "Come on! For a couple like you it shouldn't be difficult." At this moment I would have gladly removed Nicholas Torres' head from the body. Even though Gibbs and I had been dating since the night with Faith and Rule 12 had accidentally caught fire. We hadn't said anything to anyone. Not even in Leon, although it is mandatory by protocol. "Jack, let's satisfy them. At most I will reintroduce the slap behind the head." He whispered in my ear. I smiled and turned to him. He took me by the back and the cheek. He kissed me with his tongue, masking it a little with his hand and making me lean back slightly. When we gathered to applause and whistles of envy, Nick exclaimed "How soon is the wedding?" It's time to get back to where the music started again and Nick joined us. "Hey, I asked for a kiss, not a hard scene!" Gibbs got up and slapped him on the head. Make everyone laugh. "Remember Torres, make your kisses unforgettable and mind your own business." Gibbs told him. Nick nodded and went to dance with Ellie. "Since when have you known these pearls of wisdom?" "Do you remember 4 ex-wives?" From here on, the evening continued quietly. With a Bourbon, talk and lots of laughs.

Finally I managed to update, if you want me to continue writing do not forget to rate and comment. 🤗🤗🤗🤗