The Hogwarts express

"Hagrid?" Harry looked around, alarmed. "HAGRID?"

He sighed and looked around, hoping for some miracle to happen and for platform 9 3/4 to magically appear. Walking towards platform 9, he received several odd looks from passing muggles.

Just then, Harry saw a family with carts full of the same things as his. Cauldrons, books, cages for magical pets, and more. He ran over the them.

"Um... excuse me." He mumbled. "How do I get to Platform 9 3/4?"

The mother of the family, a plump sweet-looking woman, laughed. "Oh dear, first time? It's Ron here's first time too. All you have to do," She leaned close to him, "Is take a deep breath, and walk straight through that wall. It's best to do it at a running pace if you're nervous."

Harry was beyond confused. How can you just... walk through a wall?

"Fred, you go first." The woman said.

"Fred? I'm George! Honestly woman, you call yourself our mother!" Her son said.

She sighed. "Sorry George. Now go, before we miss it!"

Her son laughed, and started toward the wall. "I'm only kidding, I am Fred!" He said before disappearing through the pillar.

Harry gasped. Did he just...

"Your turn hun!" The lady whispered. A young girl turned to look at Harry. "Good luck!" She exclaimed.

He turned to the wall and breathed in deeply. 'I can do this, I can do this, I'm gonna do it...'

He started slowly at a light jog, but by the time he made it through, he was almost at a sprint.

"I did it!" He laughed, moving aside just as Ron came through with his sister and mum, the whole group chuckling.

Harry took a second to observe the large red train that read "The Hogwarts Express" on the side. Gathering up his things, he thanked the family for helping him.

"Of course, dear. Oh, what was your name? I'm Molly." The woman said.

" I'm Harry. Harry Potter." He said, wishing he hadn't when Molly's jaw dropped down the floor, but she quickly composed herself. "Well Harry, I hope to see you again." She said, as calmly as possible after meeting the Harry Potter.

Harry turned to Ron. "Ready?" "As ready as I could be." Ron replied. "Bye mum! Love you Gin!"

With that, they boarded the train and found an empty compartment.

—————————————————————————————————————-

"Are you really Harry Potter?" Ron asked eagerly.

"Yeah, I am." Harry said, embarrassed.

"Do you have the..." Ron trailed off, but pointed to his forehead.

"Oh, yeah" Harry smiled and lifted up his bangs. Ron's face turned to a look of awe.

In a few minutes, the trolley woman came by and Harry ended up buying the whole cart and splitting it with Ron, laughing and talking the whole time.

"Excuse me." The boys looked to the door to see a bushy-haired girl who looked about their age. "Have either of you seen a toad? A boy named Neville lost his." She said. The boys shook their heads.

"Holy cricket! You're Harry Potter! I'm Hermione Granger. And... You are?" She asked, looking at Ron.

"Um... Ron Weasley." He said, mouth full of chocolate.

"Pleasure." She said awkwardly.

Hermione began to leave when she heard Ron tell Harry "I've been working on this spell to turn my rat yellow. Wanna see it?" And Harry responded with "sure". She spun around and returned to the door. "Let's see it then." She said impatiently.

"Fine. Sunshine, rainbows, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat yellow!" He attempted, waving his wand around.

"Are you sure that's a real spell? Well, I've only attempted a few myself," She bragged, "But they've all worked for me. For example." She invited herself in and walked up to Harry. "Oculus Reparo."

Harry put his hand up to his glasses and to his astonishment, they were fixed. "How did you-"

"See you at Hogwarts!" Hermione said, cutting him off, and walking out and back to her compartment.

The boys stared in her direction for a bit before returning to binge-eating candy and talking about random stuff, until finally the train slowed and they arrived at a dock, where they boarded a boat together and rowed across the ocean to Hogwarts.

———————————————————————————————

708 words

A/N: Hey guys! I apologize for the short chapter but I hope you're liking it so far! I know I didn't change much, but that's because they weren't at Hogwarts yet. I wanted to give y'all a little bit of background even though you already know it :)

See you next chapter! Don't forget to vote and comment!

Question of the chapter: What's your Hogwarts house?

I'm a Gryffindor but all my friends think I'm a Hufflepuff. SincereleyME I'M A GRYFFINDOR!

Anyway, byeeeeeee!