Let's Stay up 'Till Three Just to Talk About Being Gay

Thomas could feel himself breaking down. He could feel that Newt didn't understand why. Everything shifted, almost knocking him off of his feet. When he looked up, he bit his tongue. They were in the exact place that he had dreaded to ever think of. They were back in the city. Back where Teresa had told him that he could save Newt. That he could save everyone. He felt his knees buckle below him, and he fell onto the floor, crying like he never had before.

"Tommy, your okay, your okay. I'm here." The blonde said softly, bending down immediately after and hugging him. He fit his chin into the crook of Thomas' shoulder, near his ear, and comforted him. Told him everything was okay.

Thomas slowly nestled himself into him. He felt safe but so unprotected at the same time. Or rather, he felt that Newt was unprotected.

You let him die one time, what if you do it again?

"Newt," He choked. Newt hummed in response, rubbing circles into Thomas' back. "Please don't ever leave me again. Please. I can't live without you here. I need you, Newt. Please." He pondered the statement. "I never thought I'd meant that much to anyone before." He finally said, chuckling. 

"You mean more than anything to me." The blonde could feel an all too familiar heat swarm his cheeks. "You too." He stated, leaning into Thomas. They sat in the comfortable silence they had created, casually leaning into each other like they'd done it regularly. 

"I feel so safe when i'm around you." Newt mumbled. It was barely audible, but Thomas heard it. He heard it, and he felt butterflies bounce around in his stomach. Felt his insides melt at those words. He had an unfamiliar feeling of being dumbstruck and head-over-heels, and he knew exactly why, but pushed into aside, digging his face further into Newt's shoulder, and pulling him closer as he heard voices shout around him.

"C'mon Thomas, breathe! Wake up!"

*  *  *

His eyes opened without hesitation. Vince was next to him, pushing down on his chest with force, and Minho was above him, getting ready to continue what seemed to be a very frantic CPR.

"Guys..? What's going on?" He sat up, looking at Vince with a confused expression. Minho hugged him from behind. "You passed out on us, man. We found you on the ground and.. sorry. We got worried." He let go, muttering out a few other 'sorry's as he did. Thomas turned around, smiling. 

"It's all good, dude. Everything is fine. I'm fine." He grabbed his hand and squeezed it reassuringly. "Fine, sure. Just don't run off without telling me and pass out in the dirt. You do it again, and I'm locking you in that shack."

*  *  *

[A/N]

[I might make Thomas and Minho date for a bit, but rest assured that this is a Newtmas fanfic and shits gonna go down. I've got a plotline that'll blow your mind- I'm sure of it.] 

"Hey, you okay in here?" Was the first thing Thomas heard while laying wide awake in his bed.  "'M fine. Why're you asking?" Minho looked at him worriedly. "Because it's 3:00 in the morning and your light is still on, Thomas. Seriously, are you okay?" 

"I don't know." He responded. He sat up in his bed, and Minho sat down next to him. "Wanna talk about it?" He asked, slipping his hand into Thomas'. "Yeah. Maybe." 

"What's bothering you?" The asian asked, rubbing an eye with his free hand. "Newt. Always Newt." He responded, laughing at the statement. Newt was never a bother. He was the glue that held everyone together. He was his everything. "Was he being shitty?"

"What?" Minho sighed, and got up. "Earlier. You sounded pissed. Was he being a piece of shit, or what? You know, sometimes british people sound mad when they aren't." 

"Nah. He just.." Thomas paused. "Hey, did he ever hint to having a crush on you?" The brunette asked, looking over to him. "Me? No. Like I said, he was only ever talking about you." He nodded. "Yeah, but what if it was a cover up for liking you? Or like, he was trying to shift his feelings on you toward me."

"No idea, man." They both laughed. "How do we always end up talking about Newt being gay? Seriously." Minho said, laughing. "Shit man, maybe we're gay." They stopped, and we're left in silence. "Maybe."