Emma

"So, where is she?" Thomas spewed, staring at the machine with determination to find her. "Near The City." He stated, stopping only to double check. "Somewhere underground, I presume, seeing as she wouldn't want to go all that way just to get to a crappy location where Cranks could literally jump her at any moment." The two teens nodded.

"Then we should go find her," Thomas finally chimed in, reaching for the device. Vince gave him a look of concern. "Look, guys, not to be negative because I know you want your friend back, but I don't know if it's too late or not. Don't get your hopes up, okay?" They both stared at Vince, then the machine, then back at him again. "What are you saying?" Minho asked, worriedly.

"I think this mission's just to dangerous for you kids. I don't want you getting hurt, or" He paused, sighing. "I just want you to come back alive, alright?" Thomas gave him a glare that seemed to stare through him. "Vince, you can't just think we're going to sit back and let you take some other group of people to find her. To find him." Minho nodded at the new sentence. "Come on, man. I'm not waiting for you to come back empty handed. If that Sonya girl wanted to leave so bad that she stole a speedboat, then I don't think she'd go back willingly. Maybe we can get to her. Please." 

"I'm sorry, but it's a 'no'. Guys, you've got to understand that some battles should be left to other people. I don't want you dead before we leave." Thomas could feel himself preparing to yell in protest. "You can't just keep us from finding him!" He shouted, standing up. Vince and Minho looked at him in surprise. He wasn't someone to lash out that easily. "Kid, it's not that I don't--"

"No! It is that! You think if he's alive he'll have amnesia and shucking kill us! But he doesn't, okay! So just let me find him! Let me find Newt!" He felt like a million eyes were pointed toward him, even though it was just two pairs. "He's got a point, Vince." A voice said, from the doorway. Three pairs, "Huh?"

"Uh, sorry. For intruding." The girl stepped into the room, and Thomas turned his head to look at her. Her hair was dark, with chestnut brown streaks running through it. She had pale green eyes, and dark skin. She was wearing a dirtied jacket, a harness holding supplies, and shorts with leggings under them. 

"Emma?" Vince asked, with a confused tone. "I thought you were getting everything ready for the trip." So he's really going without us, huh? Thomas thought to himself. "Yeah, no. I actually finished. It'll be completely ready late tonight. You should go tomorrow morning." Vince nodded, getting up, and stuffing the walkie-talkie into his pocket. Thomas was going to say something, when Vince walked up to him, patting him on the back.

"We'll look for him, okay?" He still felt angry. He took one last glance at Vince, who was staring toward the ground in front of him, now. Then caught a glimpse of the girl. Emma. She had an expression of someone with a plan. Then she mouthed something to him before Vince's head came all the way up. 

"Meet me at 12:00 p.m. sharp tonight in the woods. I promise you that you won't regret it."

*  *  *

He didn't tell Minho. He had no idea why, but he couldn't bring himself to it. He knew the teen was probably emotionally exhausted from earlier. But as he was leaving, at 12:50 p.m., Minho grabbed his wrist. 

"Where are you going?" He asked, hesitantly. "Uh. 'M going pee." He said, laughing awkwardly. "Oh, okay." He still seemed suspicious, but Thomas tried to ignore it. He walked through the woods, and into a clearing. He didn't know how he got there. Just wandering, he guessed. But then, a dark figure approached. Taking off her hood, it was revealed that it was indeed Emma.

"Hey, sorry I was sorta late." She giggled. Thomas nodded and laughed along with her. Then she stopped, her expression becoming more serious. "Thomas," He jumped at that. When had he told her his name, again? "You were right. And I can't keep you from this. I.. I know that I'd give anything to see a lot of people that aren't here right now. And I know how it feels. But if your friend, Newt was his name?" The brunette nodded. "If Newt's still out there, breathing, striving, whatever, then you should see if it's true on your own." He smiled at her as she brought out a large backpack filled to the brim with supplies.

"Speedboats already ready, and.." She pointed behind them. "Is your friend going to want one, too?"