𝐗𝐈┃Avengers Assemble

"I had that," Hunter declares as Steve whacks his shield into the creature's body

"Right," Steve replies, holding up his shield when they get approached. The Chitauri Soldiers get struck by lightning before they can charge at the two. As the beings fall to the ground, Thor lands on the ground with a smash. The god gets back to his feet, holding onto the car on his left side. "What's the story upstairs?" Steve questions him.

"The power surrounding the Cube is impenetrable," he answers, panting slightly.

"Thor's right," Tony states through the comms, "we got to deal with these guys." They all look up to the sky, watching as more come through the portal and descend to the city.

"How do we do this?" Natasha inquires.

"As a team," Steve announces.

"Cliche," Hunter claims, receiving a glare from the Captain.

"I have unfinished business with Loki."

"Yeah?" Clint mutters to the blond god, "well, get in line."

"Save it," Steve calls out to both of them, "Loki's going to keep this fight focused on us, and that's what we need." Steve walks away from the group, passing the archer on his way and he turns back around as he continues his pace. "Without him, these things could run wild," he informs, "we got Stark up top. He's going to need us to-" He is getting stopped by the growling sound of an engine. And as Steve turns towards the sudden noise, the others look past him to spot Bruce Banner on a motorcycle, slightly covered in rust and looking like it's about to fall apart. Followed by the other four, Steve walks up to the doctor. Bruce takes a glimpse of the city's view.

"So, this all seems horrible."

"I've seen worse," Natasha says, hinting back to his transformation on the Helicarrier.

"Sorry," Bruce expresses.

"No, we could use a little worse."

"Stark?" Steve inquires the billionaire's attention, "we got him."

"Banner?"

"Just like you said." Bruce turns his attention to Steve, who keeps looking at him even though he seems more focused on his conversation with Tony.

"Then tell him to suit up," he instructs, "I'm bringing the party to you." Hunter looks up to see a faint shade appear from beside a building, followed by the enormous Chitauri monster that destroys half the building in its path. Bruce turns around, following the team's gaze, while Thor tightens the grip on his hammer.

"I don't see how that's a party," Natasha says, slightly stumbling over her words. Leaving the creature on their path, Tony zooms past and disappears. The doctor steps away from the group and into the direction of the being.

"Dr. Banner," Steve quickly calls, "now might be a really good time for you to get angry."

"That's my secret, Cap," Bruce answers loudly, turning his head back, "I'm always angry." With those words, his body starts to swell and his skin turns a green color. The blue blouse he wore rips at the sudden growth and hardening of the man's muscles. Within seconds, Dr. Bruce Banner has given his place to The Hulk. He smashes his fist into what looks like the Chitauri's nose, and he gets pushes back a little by the force. Getting a grip on the concrete below his feet, the Hulk manages to hold the creature's skull in place, making it flip over.

"Hold on!" Tony yells. He raises his arm mid-flight, firing a rocket at the beast that lands in its soft tissue. As it explodes, Steve shield himself and Natasha off with his shield, while Clint and Hunter find cover behind a car. Pieces of the alien's meat rain down on them, its' skull tumbling down the bridge. Other Chitauri Soldiers join the scene by sliding down the buildings, letting outcries as the group of heroes stand below them in a circle.

The Hulk roars back as Iron Man descends to the ground, Hawkeye readies his bow, Thor spins his hammer in his hand, Black Widow reloads her pistols, Captain America tightens the strap of his shield, and Agent Black aims his gun. 

Natasha looks up to the sky, to the portal, to find two more of Chitauri's beasts soaring down, followed by even more Soldiers. "Guys," she calls out, making the others turn around and look up as well.

"Call it, Captain," Tony tells, basically asking the man to come up with a plan.

"Alright, listen up," Steve speaks up, "until we can close that portal, our priority is containment." Turning to the team, he begins his commands. "Barton, I want you on that roof. Eyes on everything, call out patterns and strays." Clint nods. "Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or you turn it to ash."

"Can you give me a ride?" Clint asks the man in the Iron Suit.

"Right," the answers, "better clench up, Legolas." The two disappear into the air.

"Thor," Steve continues, "you got to try and bottleneck that portal. Slow them down. You got the lightning, light those bastards up." Thor nods, spinning his hammer and lets it pull him into the sky. "We three stay here on the ground," he continues, now talking to Hunter and Natasha, "we keep the fighting here. And Hulk..." The Hulk turns around in the blink of an eye, growling low. "Smash." A grin appears on his green face before he jumps up, leaping from building to building while taking out soldiers.

"Way to go, Captain."