°Chapter XVIII°

Hello! After a long deliberation of one comment (Thx @LordGhirahil for commenting!) I have decided that Enyo's Hero costume will be, the second one! I hope you enjoy the chapter!
~~~^~^~~~~~~^~^~~~~~~^~^~~~~~~^~^~~~~~~~^~^~~~~~~~^~^~~~~~~~^~^~~~~~~^~^~~~~~~^~^~~~~~

Enyo POV

As the door slowly opened I saw the small boy on his knees crying his scarred eyes out. Looking at him reminded me of my childhood, and how it started. I sat down and moved closer to Kota, he then jumped into my arms and held my clothes tightly. I smiled and slowly started to stroke his back.
"Let it all out, I've been in your position before." My eyes welling with tears.
"You can cry too." Kota sniffled, my eyes spilling with tears.

After a few more minutes I heard the soft snores from a sleeping child, I looked down and saw that Kota had fallen asleep on me, I smiled and picked him up gently. Walking to his bed I uncovered the sheets and laid him down in it, then I put the duvet over him and slowly walked out of the room. I turned to the door and slowly shut it, when the door was fully closed I saw a shadow of something behind me, turning slowly I saw the Wild Wild Pussycats standing there with stoic expressions.
"Thank you, we heard what you were talking about and I'm so grateful." Mandalay almost broke down, she bowed to me.
"I... understand Kota, he's had a large chunk of his childhood cut from him like I did." I looked at my permanently red hand. "When he grows up, I assure you he will be so mature and loving towards others, I see a lot of me in him."
"We appreciate all of your help Torrent." Ragdoll smiled.

In the Morning

I had two days left with the Pussycats and I've heard that the Hero Killer had struck again last night. I was in my "costume" and was about to leave to get to breakfast. Upon my arrival I was greeted with a anther solemn smile from Kota. His mood has dropped since last night.
"Ah! Todoroki, did you hear the Hero Killer struck again last night." Pixie-Bob started to eat her breakfast.
"Yes, I'm just worried my friends will get hurt." I started to eat my breakfast.
"I'm sure they'll be fine." Tiger sprung up from his Newspaper he was reading. "By the way, today you'll be focusing on that skill Ragdolls tryna get you to learn."
"Yes sir!" I finished my breakfast.

Outside.

"Time to get that skill up and running." The green haired cat jumped.
"Yes ma'am!" I placed my hands on the ground and focused my quirk into the roots of the trees. From having my eyes closed I saw an image, it was blurry but it looked like a green light, I panicked and opened my eyes. "Gah!"
"What did you see!?" Ragdoll jumped in front of me.
"Blurry but it looked promising." I replied.
"Keep trying!" Ragdoll instructed.
"I will!" I smiled. I tried for over 30 minutes and nothing happened.

For the rest of the day all I was getting was blurry images of green things. As I was trying for the nth time Ragdoll was called out on an urgent mission. After 40 minutes I started to get worried.
"Where is she?" I mumbled. Just then the cat eared radio cracked.
"Brrrzt! Help! Only hope left! Captured-!" The radio cracked, I ran to it and put it up to my ear but it just fizzled out.
"Fuck, this is bad, real bad." I panicked. I started to run towards the HQ. As soon as I got there I saw Kota on the edge of his seat. I ran over to him, I looked at him dead in the eyes and called out to him.
"Get the police, and the local hero's in the area, tell them to contact my headset." I told him before sprinting off.

I needed to hurry, lives are at risk. I sprinted through the forest, however I didn't know where I was going, just then I felt a buzz in my ear.
"This is the police, we were told to contact this headset." He man on the other side said.
"This is the Hero in Training, Torrent. The Pussycats are in some short of trouble, it seems like they've been captured, of there whereabouts I don't have an idea." I said through microphone. I slowly ran out of breath, I huffed and leaned near a tree. "Fuck, I really need to work on my stamina."

While I had my hand on the tree I closed my eyes, just then I saw that green light again, however it wasn't blurred, I looked down and saw the whole entire root system in front of me. I then thought of the Wild Wild Pussycats, the roots lit up the way for me, I saw the roots take me to a roadside, where I saw all 4 pussycats lying, brutally bashed up on the side of the road. Beside them was a villain.

My eyes snapped back into reality. I stood there in awe for a second. I knew where they were now.
"Officer, the pussycats are on the other side of the mountain where you are currently. 4 casualties, requesting Hero Backup and permission to engage in combat." There were murmurs from the other side.
"Permission granted, backup's on the way." The officer said. I used the water from the nearby roots to use my signature water jet to blast myself upwards. I saw the Villain and the Cats.

I jumped down and looked at him, he slowly turned towards me. His glare shook me for a second. Before he shot a powerful blast of fire in my direction.

I put up a thick ice shield that he easily melted through, the fire caught me off guard, burning up my second arm

I put up a thick ice shield that he easily melted through, the fire caught me off guard, burning up my second arm. I gripped my arm in pain as the burning sensation shot up my arm. I pulled through and stood up, I sprinted towards the male, he was very familiar, he had familiar blood readings. I was met with another blast flying my way. I dodged and landed a punch towards the villain. A hit! The villain was shot back but was unfazed. The next words he spoke rang through me like a bell.
"Nice to meet you again, Todoroki." He smiled, sadistically. I ignored him for the moment, I went to punch him again but another blast struck my face. I was stunned, I then felt a hand wrap around my neck and force me into the mountain next to me. The male got closer to me.
"You remind me of my little brother." He smirked. "He had a scar on his face, because you look like him so much, how about I give you a scar to match?"
"Get off of me Vill-!" My mouth was covered, the familiar Villain brought a hand close to my face, he wrapped his hand around my face, just then I felt a sharp, burning sensation on my face, it was there for a second. However I pushed backwards. I used blood control to get him off of me.
"Who the fuck are you?" I gripped my eye in pain.
"To everyone else, Dabi. To you, Bro." He smirked. I stood there in shock, there was no way that it was Toya? There were sirens getting louder. Just then this Villain let out another fire blast, hitting me right in the face, it shot me backwards and I laid there in the road, burnt, no feeling in my face, couldn't see out of my left eye. This is how I die.

I started to drift in and out of consciousness

I started to drift in and out of consciousness. I couldn't feel my body. All I heard was sirens, people telling me to stay awake and don't give in. However I slowly succumbed to the darkness.

~~~^~^~~~~^~^~~~~~^~^~~~~~~^~^~~~~~~^~^~~~~~^~^~~~~~~^~^~~~~~^~^~~~~~~^~^~~~~~^~^~~~~~
THIS! Is by far my favourite chapter I've written in this book so far, I really do want to hear your opinion on this one because I want to know if you liked it as much as I did. This story isn't over, just in case any of you are thinking that! Thank you for reading this chapter! I appreciate it a lot! Please leave your opinion in the comments, I'd love to see what you think about the story so far!
-potato
Word count: 1405