Chapter 21

Tristen's POV

"Glad you found her. What now? You know she is going to be mad once she gets up."

"I don't think so. We kinda came to a agreement. We didn't say anything actually, but we spoke with our eyes. The only thing I did say was I am sorry." 

"Look, here is how I see it. Do not bombard her with any more questions. She will open up when ready. You guys have a lot of drama, unnecessary  drama that can be resolved by communication and patience. I have known Vennessa before she came out the womb; she doesn't like to be bossed. So do yourself, her, and your unborn child a favor by being calm and collected."

"Ya, thanks Devin." 

I walk to Nessa as she lays on her bed swallowed in sheets. 

"Venessa baby, wake up."

"Hmm..."

"Wake up. A doctor is waiting outside to check on you. You need to get clothed." A irritated sigh falls out her lips. 

"Here." I hand her some sweats, a shirt, bra, and panties. 

"Alright, fine." A few moments later her clothes are on and the doctor is allowed in the room.

"Good evening, I am Dr. Quinlan. So, Miss Goodwin how are you feeling?"

"Like a beach ball." The doctor smiles at her blunt response.

"Okay, noted. And I understand you haven't had any other appointments prior to this." Nessa nods looking down at the floor.

"Well that is alright, I will get you checked out in no time. I was told you are a little over four months, but you stomach is growing rapidly? What symptoms have you had lately?"

"Well morning sickness. Cravings for certain foods like pickles. I pee a whole lot. Oh, and I been craving a lot of Chinese food, but nothing too strange. Sometimes I feel really drowsy but that is about it."

"Hmm okay," the doctor adds to her notes.

"Usually you would get a ultrasound at five months, but since this is your first visit and you are growing faster than normal, I am going to go ahead and give you one. Is that alright?" 

The both of us nod in agreement. 

"But before that I am going to check your blood levels, breathing, and prescribe you some prenatal vitamins." 

After the doctor is done with her other chores, a assistant nurse rolls in a ultrasound machine. Then Dr. Quinlan rubs a shiny clear gel over Nessa's protruding belly. 

"Ready to see your baby," she ask. Nessa squeaks out a shaky yes while I let out a shaky breath.  

She takes the ultrasound probe and lightly glides it over Venessa's stomach in search of the baby. 

"Oh. Well I see the cause of you fast growing stomach. Congratulations! You are having twins." 

I turn to look at Nessa who is smiling in aw at the picture displayed on the machine. The doctor continues using the probe. 

"So far it looks like one is a boy. I am not sure about the other. Their hand is blocking it. It may possibly be a girl due to them hiding their genital." 

Dr. Quinlan laughs at her own corny joke, but all I do is smile. 

"Okay, so I will be back in three weeks, but if you have any pains or unusual symptoms from the medication or anything, give me a call and I will come in early." 

She packs up her things and leaves. While a nurse takes the machine back out. 

Once the doctor has left I turn to my queen, and get on my knees while she sits in the bed. The look of shock still fresh on her face.