Chocolate Brown Eyes!

“Some changes writes new stories instead  of new chapter in our book”

“Mom please will you let me sleep.” I said and muffled into the pillow. She is my room since god knows how long!

“Your senior year starts today. Will you just go and get ready.” I growl at her. This is disgusting. An innocent child cannot even sleep!

“Mom I slept late at night. Please few more minutes.” I said and turned into my pillow again with my blanket over my head.

“You are not a child. Stop behaving like one.” She said and pulled the covers from me. I felt cool air touching my body. I growl again and tried to take the covers from her. But she is just too quick. I sat on the bed. My eyes still closed. I cannot leave the bed.

“Delancy, wake up.” My mom spoke again this time a bit firmly.

“Mom it is gravitational force.” I said and lay back on the bed. It felt so good to be on bed.

“Delancy, last warning. Now if you don’t get up from your bed I will splash cold water on you.” She spoke again with her hands on her waist. I quickly opened my eyes. She has done this before. I don’t want another experience.

“I am going to freshen up.” My voice is still sleepy. I stood up from the bed and walked towards the bathroom. I looked at my own reflection, l looked a mess. My eyes were still sleepy. I washed my face and went for a shower. That will help the most. After the shower, I went to my closet. It is the hardest thing in the world for a girl to choose something to wear. I walked in my closet thinking of what to wear. I kept staring at all my clothes for long 5 minutes. I settled for demi black jeans and plain white top with shoulder net. I stuffed my books and some stationary into my bag, my new bag! I unplugged my phone from charging and walked downstairs. I ran back to my room as I forget my headphones. Mom is serving dad, his breakfast. I went directly to the table and took the first right-sided seat next to dad. He looked up from his mobile and stared at me and gave me a small smile. But he changed his expression as soon as he saw me. His face is a Kodak moment. Of course he will have that look! I was grinning ear to ear. Today I am going to get my pocket money with a raise.

“A very pleasant morning daddy.” I said and he looked at me puzzled. I gave him another big smile and turned to mom. She is serving dad his juice. I glared at her and pointed in dad’s direction. I need my pocket money. My mom just nodded and I lifted my left hand to ask her ‘How much time?’ when my hand banged with the table. My dad looked at me and I gave him another small smile. I looked at mom again only to realise that she in not her and left for the kitchen. Mom brought my cereal and kept it in front of me with a jar of milk. I am looking continuously at daddy thinking he will remember that he is supposed to give me my pocket money. Unwillingly I moved my gaze to my breakfast. I added milk in the bowl and started eating.  How can he forget that? I am still having my breakfast when daddy woke up to leave I instantly stood up with him and extended my left hand in-front of him. He looked up at me and raised his brow.

“Dad my pocket money?” I said and looked at him. I cannot be and have more patience.

“Pocket money?” he said. His voice sounding questioned.

“Dad you said, I will get my pocket money when senior year starts.” I said and he nodded his head. Finally he remembered. I smiled at him and waited for him to give me m pocket money.

Dad took out his wallet and gave me 100 dollars. Giving them he smiled at me and turned his back. My smile faded and I looked at mom who was sitting opposite to me. I questioned her with my brows raised she looked at me and then at daddy who is busy putting newspaper in his bag.