Fifty Seven

Shiho's eyes snap open. She sighs in frustration. She hates the fact that her dream just ended like that- without leaving an exact answer. She badly wants to know what choices will she choose. It's always left her hanging- she doesn't like it at all.

Then her mind recalls back about her dream- her family just visit her. The woman look at the sky through the window. Thinking about her family and the message that they send convince her a lot to stand on the right side.

Shiho smiles at the thought that her family watching over her. She has their support from afar. As she stays at her bed and stares at the bright morning sky, her phone ringing. She turns her head to look at her phone and she takes it. It's probably Hakase who's the one call her.

The only thing in her mind is that why he calls her this early in the morning? She's sure something serious is up. Shiho accepts the call and she places her phone on her ear.

"Yeah Hakase?" she said.

"Ai-kun, they will start their move tonight. The FBI, I mean" said Hakase as he whispered through the phone. Shiho eyes are wide open as she quickly sits on her bed. This early? She doesn't expect any of it- this is too early for her. The thought of it makes her feels anxious.

"How do you know, Hakase? Any details that you got?" she asked him. She needs to know about it.

"It's unfortunate. I don't know much about it. Probably, Shinichi-kun knows more. I knew this because Akai-san need to use my invention for tonight. The only thing I know is that they will make their preparation and more discussion at Kudo's mansion" he said- still whispering.

"I see. You know what Hakase? I might go there this evening" she said.

"Wait, what? Are you sure?" he said- concern.

"Yes I will-" before she can even finish her sentence, she hears a familiar voice on the other side.

"Oi Hakase, you burnt your toast already! Do you leave the toast for a phone call? Who you're talking to?" someone said. Shiho knows the voice, it's Kudo. He already changes to his original body. Probably, he will participate in tonight plans.

"Ah, it's nothing, it's my other invention friend. Now, I need to go first. I'll call you back bye" said Hakase as he ends the call- there's a hint of an act in his tone. Shiho sigh- that old man sucks in acting.

Still, it's good enough that he called her just to give her such information. Yet, she feels a bit annoyed that he leaves the toast behind- he might burn his house down. What a careless old man. He also didn't even take her advice to call using the public phone instead of his own phone.

Shiho shakes her head thinking about the old man carelessness. She decides to put it aside, it's not like she can be mad at him right now- it's only a waste of her time.

The only thing that matters is the battle- between the FBI and Black Organization again. She remembers correctly the last time their battle with the FBI, that moment when Gin saves her at the right time. That battle- none of them actually win.

This night going to be another battle. She feels like she needs to participate in it. At this rate, she feels like she already knows which side to choose. It's all thanks to the dream that she got during her sleep. She's going to stand with her choice. The only thing that concerns her is that she might change her mind in the middle of the battle- that's the last thing she wants to happen.

She chooses the good side, along with Kudo, Akai and the others. She's against Black Organization this time- that's the only difference from their last battle.

Still, she doesn't know what she's going to do during the battle- guess she'll present herself at Kudo's mansion this evening and make some quick discussion with them. She's positive that they will have a final discussion in that mansion.