Chapter 7: Its Time

Chapter 7

Clyde didn't know what he was doing there, Dana knew this from the micro expressions of anxiety on his face. The almost invisible fraction of a fraction of a second where Dana felt his emotions were only enough to give her a faint feeling of unease.

Dana and Ms.Queens sat Clyde down at the front of the class and without hesitation just stared at him.

"Umm. Sorry I'm a bit confused, am I in trouble?" Clydes deep voice sent small shivers up Dana's spine. His unnerving confidence had faded into what made her picture in her minds eye, a small boy who was often in trouble for things he couldn't help.

Before Dana could stop herself she shook her head softly, Clydes face immediately melted into relief and just from seeing it, so did Dana. "You're not in trouble, but rather, you are very very very important to me... to us."

"I don't under-"

"You don't need to! You don't need to understand." Ms. Queens piped up and sent a sly thought towards Kona.

Keeping it a secret is indubitably the best course of action. We can't trust him.

That surprised Dana. The only voice she could hear was the ones extremely close to her, but only while Clyde was right directly 3 feet away from her. Dana nodded grimly, she knew Ms. Queens was right. "Yes well, it's a science experiment that we need your brain for."

Clyde looked puzzled, then accepting, then thoughtful -even though Dana couldn't hear anything from him- then regretful, then lastly he looked like he was standing up and walkiNG AWAY FROM THEM???

Dana immediately jumped for Clydes arm, she grasped it so violently that the boy turned back around shocked. "PLEASE! PLEASE CLYDE I'M BEGGING YOU!"

"Look I'm sorry Dana, I'm not made for science. I can't help in an experiment, honestly I'll just slow you down." Then he gently pried Dana's hands off of his sleeve and backed towards the door.

Dana watched his shoes, his brand named pair of black Vans taking slow steps back and almost as though she could see the shadows of everyone's thoughts overtaking her, she whimpered. The years of pent up rage towards her curse began boiling up again. The unmatched agony she had smothered was drowning her. Both at the same time while her last hope in his black Vans severed her last chance to freedom.

Hot angry tears began flooding her vision, the air in her lungs whooshed out as she began gasping for breaths. She couldn't see anything anymore, couldn't feel the onslaughter of emotions and thoughts that were undoubtedly waiting for Clyde to get far enough away to pounce on Dana.

Ms Queens stroked Dana's hair down, her own grief contaminating Dana's. How could God give her such a sick curse. Dana wasn't even able to feel her own pain, she had to constantly be in another persons mind!

"Dana, I'm sorry," Clyde took a few steps closer to Dana's shaking form, "I really am, but I'm no good at science. I'll make a fool of you guys if I'm helping."

Dana snatched Clydes hand, clutching it with both her hands and crying over it. Her tears dropped mercilessly onto his large warm hand as she clung to it. She shook her head over and over until her voice could finally reach the surface. "O-Only you, I only need you. Please?"

Clyde sighed, then ever so softly, he agreed. Just as gently as he had spoken, he patted her shoulder uncomfortably.

"Thank you!" Dana sobbed harder into Clydes palm.

//////

If you enjoyed this chapter, please like and comment!