8

Mike's P.O.V

I was standing on the gritty sand looking at the setting sun as the cool waves of the sea washing over my feet with the warm breeze blowing on my face making my unsteady heart calm for the moment. '

A few weeks ago when everyone decided to visit the beach after the exams were over I was the only one who denied but, no one knows about this except for Ethan who knew my discomfort on being around Jae  and Effie but he somehow convinced me to go with them and I regretted it the moment I stepped into Chloe's house, when I saw Jae standing beside Effie with his hand on her waist a knot was formed in my chest but I couldn't show Ethan all this so I pretended to be less interested in everything. As soon as we got out of the car I ran towards the restroom after a few minutes I came out and saw Ethan at the reception desk so I went ahead and sat on the couch in the area when suddenly someone poked me in the arm and I turned my head to see a girl sitting beside me looking at me curiously and I knew exactly who she was.

" Eleanor Davis, what are you doing here?" I asked her with my mouth wide open and smiling.

" I was right, when I saw you running inside the hotel I was sure it was you Mike but still had to make sure, but I'm glad you still remember me." Elle said hugging me tightly.

Eleanor, Ethan and I attended the same middle school and were inseparable when she suddenly left the school in the middle of the year because of some issues I don't know and we never found out . 

" Are you still in contact with that idiot?" Elle asked me .

" Of course."  I said pointing at Ethan who was still talking to the receptionist.

" Wow that idiot.." before she could finish her sentence someone called her from behind and she turned to look at that person.

" I have to go now but how long  are you staying here?" she asked me in hurry.

" 2 days, what about you?" Mike asked .

" Maybe a week, oh and this is my boyfriend Noah. " Elle introduced the boy standing next to her and went out of the hotel.

After she left I noticed everyone going towards the elevator except for Jae, he was standing a little bit away from the reception and staring at me blankly but I realised he was not looking at me so I walked past him and he didn't even noticed me passing by him, ten minutes passed and he was still standing there and everyone was shouting at him but it felt like he was lost in some other world to even listen to us when Effie ran towards him and brought him back to us. After getting scolded by Olivia and Chloe we all went to our rooms. 

After half an hour we  decided on heading to the beach to get some sun bath and I really wanted to feel "sunkissed". As we reached, my eyes caught how the coastline was rugged kiss of grey meeting blue, the rocks so in love with those oceanic waves. Upon the sunny beach, upon the rising gold, my eyes listened to the light as it plays upon the seawater. It was peaceful and I really enjoyed my time laying on the sand and just listening to the calm oceanic waves. Peaceful indeed. 

I was calm, everyone was happy, laughing or playing when I saw Elle running towards me, I got up and she just jumped on me and I fell on my back, everyone just kept staring at us in utter shock when Ethan suddenly pulled her up and shouted.

" Eleanor Davis " Instead of what we expected he looked mad like really mad at her. She got up and like always smiled at him but this time it felt like he was determined to not let he get off the hook so easily. He looked at her and stormed out of the beach and Elle and me ran behind him all scared. I knew everyone must have been more scared than us because unlike us they have never seen Ethan angry, I mean he was what you can call an angel, never getting angry, always helping others and always smiling. 

We were standing in front of his room and we both were scared to knock and like always even before we could knock he opened the door himself and went back inside and stood in front of the window with his back towards us, we knew talking to him right now would be the wrong decision so Elle just walked up to him and hugged him from behind and he just broke into tears, he sat on his knees and they just cried like that for how long I don't even remember, It felt as though the Ethan I've been missing for the past two years is back. It felt like we were complete.