Eighteen

"Why're we are at your agency?" Sakura wondered as she trailed behind Bakugou, walking inside the recognizable building, Ito enthusiastically waving to her from the receptionists desk as soon as he caught sight of her

She returned the amiable motion as the pair strolled past him, though he kept with his conversation on the phone.

Bakugou had led her to a stairway, holding the door open for her, "didn't I mention not to ask questions?"

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean I won't." She wittingly retorted, following him up the seemingly never ending flight of steps.

Once they finally reached the top, she was out of breath, her hands desperately gripping her knees as she panted, heaving from the lack of oxygen that her screeching lungs pleaded for.

"We really couldn't take the elevator up here?"

He rolled his eyes, "we can take it down, come on."

Down is so much easier too, she mentally scolded him as he went through the frame, Bakugou once again waiting for her to pass through before allowing it to close after her. When she had joined him outside, she was met with a faint, soothing breeze.

"A roof?"

"Yeah," he sheepishly scratched the back of his neck, "I come here sometimes when I get overwhelmed, so I thought it might be of use to you."

She felt her heart tug in a familiar, caring manner, smiling brightly at the flushed man.

"BUT DON'T READ INTO IT! I JUST DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOU COMPLAINING LATER!"

"Thanks, Bakugou." She genuinely praised, leisurely settling onto the cement. She allowed her weight to rest on her palms as she leaned back, basking in the gentle wind that swayed through the vast space.

Bakugou noticed her long, disheveled hair softly motion back and forth, her bangs lazily skewed in different directions. The warmth the sun radiating on her tanned skin, the dark brown shimmer bouncing off her luscious locks. Her freckles were faded across her nose, though they seemed to become more visible in the steady stream of a golden illumination.