Forty

"Where is she?" He frantically asked, the green haired hero answering by pointing toward an ambulance parked in front of the nearly destroyed restaurant

His heart anxiously pounded, eyes scanning the area Midoriya directed him to. Any sense of relief he'd anticipated to gain when he saw her dispersed the instant she came in his line of vision, Sakura's demeanor clearly different than usual. Her typically neat ebony locks utterly disheveled and hands trembled on her lap, her torn suit jacket loosely hanging on her shoulders. Her arms were exposed, provided they weren't clad by the sleeve of her clothing. Soot covered her tan skin, small scrapes and bruises tarnishing her.

Bakugou's stomach dropped, though Sakura had yet to see him. Her lips stayed in a hard line, brows furrowed as if she lost in deep, contemplative silence. Her nails unintentionally broke through her palms, a burning tingling the inflicted spot.

"Shit," she mumbled, swallowing to coat her arid throat. The air was still thick, dirt swarming the street. More victims exited the building, each injured person causing her abdomen to grow heavy with guilt. A gentle breeze caressed her, its cool touch insufficient in repressing her increasing nerves.

However, catching sight of the familiar blonde stomping across the sea of strangers, a curiosity stubbornly picked her brain, "Katsuki? Who called-"

"Shut the hell up."

He pulled the terrified woman into his torso, her cheek naturally pressed against his pec and legs on either side of his hips. She blinked in surprise at the unforeseen contact, the coat falling off her to the floor of the empty emergency vehicle. A grateful, satisfied sigh escaped him, Sakura holding the tears back, listening to the steady rhythmic beating of his heart. His gauntlet's dug into her, though she ignored the rough sensation. Her confusion as to why he'd suddenly appeared obnoxiously circulated her mind. She was fine, obviously a little shaken and scared, sure, but overall healthy and good.

"Hey- I'm okay." She whispered, inhaling a comforting aroma of burnt sugar, infused with a hint of caramel. Despite the fact she failed to understand how he'd gotten there so quickly, she didn't care. In the moment, her chest swelled with reticent appreciation. She surrendered to his kind, consoling warmth, allowing the flood of emotions to be completely transparent.