Thirty Three

Bakugou abruptly pulled the glass open, stomping on the white tile of the entrance

Bakugou abruptly pulled the glass open, stomping on the white tile of the entrance. Ito blinked at him with wide eyes, noticing he was alone. As if a lightbulb went off, the receptionist smirked, "what's wrong? Do you miss your shadow?"

"SHUT THE HELL UP!" Bakugou screamed in instinctive retaliation, "BESIDES, IT'S NOT YOUR CONCERN!"

"Where is he?" Ito wondered aloud, carelessly typing on his computer. The patterned noise and apathetic demeanor only enraged him more.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!"

"It was just a question." Ito mumbled, "no need to be so defensive."

"HEH?! WHO SAID I WAS DEFENSIVE?"

"Never mind." He laughed, "your paperwork is-"

"I FUCKING KNOW!" He angrily sauntered down the corridor, Ito shaking his head at his brash boss, "Sakura, please come back- before he blows up his own building."

Bakugou aggressively slammed the door behind him, immediately sitting on the ebony office chair strategically placed behind his desk. He huffed, settling his chin in his palm while peering across the wooden surface, his focus landing on the neatly perched pictures of his family. His heart tightened as he averted his gaze, a stinging sensation stubbornly prick his deep crimson irises.

"It's so stupid," he grumbled, "they just left this morning."

And they'll be home tomorrow, he scolded, calm down, drama queen.

☆☆☆
A/N: Reminder that this is a flashback

"What?" The glare he gave made Sakura swallow, her throat suddenly dry.

"It's just for a night!" She quickly reassured, "why're you so upset? Do what you did before; live your crazy bachelor hero life."

"That isn't what I want." He instantly retorted, "I don't care about any of that shit."

Sakura's stomach practically flipped, "what- what do you mean?"