Twenty Four

Sakura took a deep, unsteady breath, pessimistic doubts stubbornly gnawing her brain as she strolled alongside Bakugou, the duo alone, since that they'd just dropped Hoshi's at her fathers house

What would they be like? Were they heroes too? Would they wish to endorse her? Or perhaps they'd hate her; that was a scary, unfortunate option. Besides, why did she care so much? Obviously, that one was a dumb question- she was perfectly aware of why the fear so effortlessly flooded through her.

Calm down, she internally soothed, downplaying the upcoming event, it's not a big deal.

Of course, the silent encouragement she privately monologued hadn't necessarily consoled her in the slightest. She kept restlessly caroming next to Bakugou, the fidgeting actions not unnoticed by the perceptive Bakugou.

"Why're you anxious?" He hoarsely inquired, "that's my job today."

He wasn't wrong either; in fact, it would be no overstatement to classify him as utterly terrified. Terrified that the idiots he called friends would embarrass him somehow, terrified about Sakura meeting Kirishima (not sure why he invited him; perhaps to avoid suspicion from the others).

He could never admit such insecurities or emotions aloud; that simply wouldn't tailor his personality and therefore, he was incapable of formulating a compliment that would efficiently capture how breathtaking Sakura appeared. She had on a minimal amount of makeup, her waist length hair curled into large ringlets that gracefully cascaded along the curvature of her spine. She wore a tight black jeans, accompanied by a maroon low cut blouse with sheer sleeves.

Yeah, he affirmed, she's the most beautiful person I've ever seen.

Her bangs softly wavered from the breeze, her contradictory chocolate irises scanning their surroundings with ardent interest. He, in reciprocation, rolled his eyes while taking her hand, giving her a reassuring squeeze, "it'll be fine, so stop worrying."

She flushed from the unexpected connection, "if you say so."

Bakugou purposefully halted their tracks, suppressing the irritatingly painful palpitations that pounded against his ribcage. She noted his hesitation, mimicking the kind gesture he'd done seconds prior. Sakura granted a comforting clutch to their interwoven palms, "it'll be fine, so stop worrying." She repeated him with a cheeky curve of her lips, Bakugou unamused by the strangely cute imitation.