Twenty Three

"Are you sure about this Hosh?" Sakura nervously granted the boy a weak smile, her stomach churning from the perturbing selection he selected

"Yeah! Dynamight is here! Nothing bad is going to happen." He nonchalantly replied, though in reality, he really had just wanted to appear tough in front of his favorite hero.

"You bet your ass it's not." Bakugou slyly smirked, informally sitting on the black couch. His right ankle rested across his left knee, his muscles relaxed from the innately calm atmosphere. As he sunk deeper into his spot, he'd accidentally brushed Hoshi's, who sat between his mother and Bakugou, elbow.

"Okay." She gently inhaled and exhaled, attempting to preemptively soothe her gradually increasing anxiety.

It's only a movie, Sakura, she mentally encouraged, no need to be afraid. It's not real.

The picture began through the duration of her silent reassurance, instantly starting with a particularly frightening 'jump scare.' She flinched, sinking farther into the cushion while shielding her face underneath her palms as she desperately tried to conceal her vision, completely blocking the screen from her field of sight.

She recoiled as a hand suddenly met her shoulder, believing that the villain was magically in her apartment. However, she was able to relax upon the realization the person it belonged to had been Bakugou (and that it was indeed not the monster highlighted on the television). His tattoo clad arm now rested over the back of the sofa, his fingers moving in an alleviating circular motion on her shoulder blade. She firmly squeezed her eyes shut as one of the characters screamed, Sakura unconsciously reaching for him in solace.

She pleadingly clasped onto him, causing the man's cheeks to flush a light pink hue in a result of the bold action. He glanced down, noticing that Hoshi also wore a frightened expression while perilously clutching onto a decorative maroon pillow, keeping the item securely pressed to his torso. He rolled his crimson irises at the stubborn duo, temporarily breaking the minute contact with Sakura. He carefully placed Hoshi onto his thick thighs, settling into the middle of the furniture shortly after. Instinctively, he pulled the woman to his side, resting a casual, comforting hold over her. Neither of them dare spoke, Sakura too engrossed to acknowledge the new sea of warmth that encompassed her frame.