Chapter 6

I woke up to the sound of my step-sisters bickering and could faintly hear somebody groan. I wasn't awake enough to focus on what they were bickering about but right now I couldn't care. All I cared about was the precious sleep I was losing thanks to them.

It was my turn to groan as I sat up from my somewhat comfy bed and threw the black and white covers off my body. I sat there and drowsily watched them bicker back and forth. Goosebumps covered my body as the cold air circulating throughout my room finally hit the exposed areas of my skin.

I used to have a bed that felt like a cloud, but once my dad died that changed. They gave me an old, used mattress that you could feel the springs the moment you sat down. It didn't make for comfortable sleep, I can tell you that much.

I looked around my room and ignored the bickering bitches standing near my doorway. I looked at everything that has changed and what has stayed the same. I noted that the only thing that stayed the same was my white plush carpet. Besides that, everything else changed once he died. My walls that were once a light pink are now all a violet color. The flat screen I once had is now replaced by a 90's box type of TV. The TV wasn't my choice in change, but more of being forced. My black desk has replaced the hot pink desk I used to have, also.

If you haven't noticed by now, everything changed once my dad died.

My thoughts came to a halt as my step-mother walked in the room and finally shut up the bickering between the two. She gave me a hard glare that would put me six feet under if it were possible.

Selena stood next to Chelsea wearing a skimpy black tank top that reveled most of her cleavage and stopped short of the belly button. She was also wearing paper white jean booty shorts along with black heels. I guess she's trying to take the attention off her bandaged nose. I smiled in my head at the remembrance of me causing it. As I looked at her nose, I also noticed that she was wearing smoky eye shadow and her normally straight hair is now bouncing in big curls. She just looks like she was trying way too hard.

Chelsea stood in an off the shoulder cream shirt and a short mini skirt that probably exposed half her ass. She gained some extra height by wearing ankle-high high heel boots. Her curly hair was pulled up in a messy bun with only a few strands hanging down from the sides.

Theresa stood in a tight black shirt, tight white jeans and black stripper heels. She had her makeup the same as Selena but kept her wavy hair as is. Her outfit made me want to roll my eyes but I had to stop myself. Ugh, stop dressing like your daughters. It's disgusting!

Theresa glanced at Selena's nose before continuing her glare at me.

"Do you want to explain why in the hell you damaged my daughter's nose?! Huh?! You better have a damned good excuse you worthless bitch," she sneered at me only inches away from my face.

I didn't flinch at what she said or her tone since I've heard worse from her. I knew that she wouldn't like my response but I figured it'd be better to tell the truth than to lie.

"She talked down about my dad," I simply said as I looked into her eyes, awaiting her reaction. I was shocked to notice her eyes turn black for a second - meaning her wolf wanted out - but to also see a hint of sadness in them.

She quickly hid her sadness and replaced it with anger. This is the first time that I've seen any sadness come from her when it came to me mentioning him.

"He's dead. He's been dead. How about you deal with it already? If you ever touch her in a harmful way, then I'll be kicking your ass out. You can find somebody else to stay with, got it?"

I admit that I was very shocked at what she had said. I never thought she'd go so far as to threaten to kick me out. Even though I was shocked, my wolf was howling with joy at the thought of being free from her and the two bitches - I mean step-sisters - my wolf has been itching to get away from here.