Chapter 7

I sat there, speechless. I refused to believe what I'm seeing and what he had just said. Maybe he has a look-alike? Who also the same hypnotic voice? I mean, It could be possible...couldn't it?

"No, it's definitely not possible. And he is most certainly our mate", a voice said within my head. I knew it wasn't Shelly because she didn't know who my mate was and the voices were completely different. While Shelly has a hyper girly-type voice, this voice was more melodic and soft.

"How do you know that?" I decided to ask it.

"I'm your wolf. I know my mate when I see him," she replied in a "duh" tone, as if I'm supposed to know that my wolf can speak to me.

"I'm assuming that you've been able to talk to me for a while. So why is it that I'm just now hearing from you?"

"Well, I've never had any reason to in the past. However, now that you're trying to deny that he's our mate, I felt the need to correct you and stop your internal argument about him. You better not reject our mate. If you do, I will make sure to make your life a living hell." She growled a throaty growl when she uttered the word "reject."

"I wouldn't reject him! I don't have it in me to do so. I'm just worried that he'll be the one rejecting us as soon as he realizes that his mate is his student. Don't forget that a relationship between teachers and students are forbidden."

The only response she gave to that was a whimper and then she sliced herself yet again.

"So, as I said, my name is Mr. Mathers but you can call me Mr. M if you'd like." The sound of his voice, even though it was just a small sentence, made a shiver run through my spine.

I wanted so badly to be able to go up to him and mark him to let everybody know that he's taken. I know it's typical for the guys to mark their female and the female to leave it be, but it's common when mated with an Alpha that they both mark each other. When it's just the male who marks, it's not as strong as it would be if they were to mark each other. Normal werewolf females don't have this urge unless their mate is an Alpha, Beta, or Third-in-Command. The power from their mate gives us the stronger urges that they feel as well.

The only problem is that I'm not sure if he'd reject me or not. And marking an Alpha male - only to be rejected - is said to be even worse than the rejection if the marking didn't happen.

I looked over to Shelly, who was still focusing solely on her mate. Her mate was currently looking at the clipboard my mate held in his hands. I was somewhat shocked that neither of our mates seemed to pay us any attention. Are they that clueless or something?

"Shit," I heard Shelly mutter aloud.

"What is it?" I asked through our mind link, even though I'm pretty sure I know why she said it.

She barely looked my way before responding. "The guy next to Mr. Mathers is my mate!" she yelled, nearly in hysterics. I don't blame her. Finding out your mate is also a teacher; it gives us the rights to freak out.

I looked at her with a sad look. "Well, Mr. Mathers is my mate..." I replied in a sad tone, wishing my mate were a mere student so we could easily be together. My sadness came back to me, but I refused to show it.

She gasped, earning the looks of everyone. And yes, I'm talking about not just the students, but also both of our mates. As soon as my mate turned his head an inch, my head shot down immediately. I didn't mean to do it, but I had a feeling it was my wolfs doing.