Chapter 5: Unexpected Reactions

Kakuzu came back in with Hidan after stitching up the hole in his shoulder. Hidan kept glaring at Deidara for a while but he ignored him. Kakuzu was about to sit down when he noticed her watching him and Hidan did too, "It's about fucking time!"

They waited a few minutes for her to do something, but she just sat there huddled against Deidara peeping over his shoulder at Kakuzu. "Why Olivee not going to Kakuzu?" All eyes turned to Sasori who just shrugged. Kisame got off the couch to go sit in a chair, "Sit next to her and see what she does."

Kakuzu went over and sat next to her, but she just cuddled closer to Deidara. Itachi glanced over, "She looks terrified." "What's wrong un?" "I scared of talking scarecrow." "Did she fucking say scarecrow?" "Tobi thinks she did Hidan."

Zetsu grinned broadly, "I see the resemblance now." and Kakuzu snarled at him, "Shut up Zetsu!" With the slight humor aside, everyone was stumped on this one, so Kakuzu decided to make a move to see what happens.

When she didn't look at him, he wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her close to him. She let out a small cry of fright and tried to go back to Deidara but he wasn't planning to let go. Sasori tapped him on the shoulder, "I think it'd be best if you let go." He grumbled under his breath and released her. Instead of going to Deidara like they thought, she ran out the room towards her bedroom.

Kakuzu had to follow her and see if he could get some sense out of her. Why was she acting like this? Everyone else received a lot of attention, but she's avoiding him! He found her sitting on her bed and approached slowly. She quickly got up and began backing up when she saw him.

He finally had her pinned in a corner; he's never seen her so petrified. He tried to embrace her but she jumped off to the side to get away. Her quickly caught her and held her against him, despite her whimpering and struggling. "It's ok." She shook her head, "No!"

He sighed and carried her to the bed and sat on it with her on his lap....which made it worse. She started to cry with her hands covering her face and then Tobi came in. "What did you do to Olivee?" Kakuzu stated defensibly, "I haven't done anything!" Tobi stomped over and gently pulled her away from him, "Did that mean old scarecrow scare you Olivee?" She sniffed and glanced at him, "Mmmhmm." Tobi wrapped an arm around her shoulders and led her out the room with a brooding Kakuzu shuffling behind them.

When they returned, Kakuzu plopped down and crossed his arms without a word. Tobi sat her between him and Deidara, to try and calm her down. Hidan was appalled, "You made her fucking cry?" "Olivee is just scared of him that's all." Hidan had the guts to go over and squat in front of her, "Hey! You ok babe?"

They were surprised she actually looked at him and once again, took an unexpected action. She choked back a little sob and mumbled, "Go away, you ugly." Hidan tried to control himself, "Would you fucking repeat that!" She scooted further back on the couch, "Go away! You ugly!" Hidan blew his top, "THIS IS FUCKING MESSED UP! SHE THINKS I'M UGLY AND FISH BOY IS PRETTY! I'M WAY FUCKING BETTER LOOKING THAN HIM!"

She frowned while jumping up and ran to Kisame. She plopped on his lap again and defended him, "FISHY NOT UGLY! FISHY IS PRETTY!" She buried her face in his neck and he gently rubbed her back with a slight smirk; this is making his day.

"DON'T FUCKING GIVE ME THAT SMUG SMIRK YOU.." Tobi tackled Hidan on the floor before he finished and covered his mouth, "Stop yelling! You making it worse!" Hidan shoved Tobi off him and sat back down in his seat grumbling with fury. Itachi murmured to Sasori, "Someone's ego took a hit." Sasori just nodded with a grin, along with Deidara who overhead.

Another hour went by in silence and she stayed with Kisame until Tobi dragged her away. "Tobi want to play with Olivee now!" "She's not a toy Tobi." Tobi cocked his head to the side in a sarcastic manner, "Tobi knows that Kisame. Sasori's the toy." Deidara had to pull Sasori back when he stood up and tried to keep him from strangling Tobi, even though it was funny.