SPEECHES are for PRESIDENTS, not TEACHERS

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
heaven is a place on earth
with you
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

"in the room, cece! come on, wake up!"

"miss, as we are in an english lesson, if i said i wanted to bash my head through the nearest brick wall, is that hyperbole?" i asked, head in my arms on my desk, half asleep (or maybe three quarters).

"yes, now take your head off the desk!"

i made a point of groaning loudly, rolling my eyes as i sat up, still slouching with my elbows on the desk and my face in my hands.

"that's more like it. right, act two scene two, balcony scene. chloe, as missy's not here today, you can be our juliet."

"i don't know if i can do it justice in her absence," she snarked with sarcasm. "ooh, i'd hate to disappoint."

that girl confused me. sometimes she was dead alright, sometimes it was her head i wanted to bash through a wall. today felt like one of them days.

"and...jordon, you can be our romeo."

now that, that got my head out of my hands. seeing the look of pure awkwardness on his face did a lot to wake me up.

"chloe, stand up on your chair."

"rOmEo, rOmEo!" she started, the worst impression of our accent i've ever heard — but that would've been fine enough if she hadn't said the next line. "where for art thou our romeo? social workers have taken our hayley, and nana capulets kicked the bucket!"

razia and i shared a look of outrage. "now that is out of order miss!" exclaimed raz.

chloe carried on regardless. "we've not got a pot to piss in, leckies been cut off —"

"yeah, and i'll cut your fuckin head off in a minute!"

"language, cece! both of you, outside."

"what have i done?!" i argued back, my anger growing as chloe leaped down from her chair like some sort of victory and walked out.

"you can't use language like that, and you can't threaten other students, okay? come on, follow chloe."

"no."

"you're really getting on my last nerve here!"

"it's not my fault that your daughter is a cow."

"do you know what, i'm going to deal with chloe. mrs carter can have a word with you later."

"i'll tell her you send your love," i bit back, slumping back into my chair.

*
"hey babyyy" said an all too familiar voice, sarcasm and all.

"who are you calling baby?" i chuckled, melting into him as he snaked his arms round my waist from behind and rested his chin on my shoulder.

"you, obviously, i don't see my arms around anyone else," cory snorted. "are you gonna come watch?"

"watch ..?"