AU Outtake - I Love You Like WALL-E loves EVE

This is an Alternate Universe Oneshot Flashback of Hate That I Love You.

Let me explain.

So... I was sitting back one day, after completing this story and thought to myself:

What if thirteen-year-old Boun never caught eleven-year-old Prem kissing thirteen-year-old Sammy?

What if Prem confessed the following day? How would that play out?

Of course, we all know... Hate That I Love You would be Love That I Love You from start to finish.

THIS DOES NOT CHANGE THE STORY; THIS IS JUST AN AU ONESHOT THAT CAME TO MIND AND I REALLY NEEDED TO WRITE IT.

The digital clock on Prem's desk displayed 02:30. Though he had been in bed since 21:00 (9:00PM) he hadn't slept a wink. Every time he clenched his eyes shut the image of kissing Sammy played in his head.

And not in a good way.

It wasn't like Sammy was ugly, it was quite the contrary, Sammy was ridiculously cute, and Prem's second favorite person to be around. Every single boy between the ages of ten and fourteen probably would have wished to be in his shoes just nine hours ago, but for Prem kissing Sammy just felt...wrong.

Prem didn't feel any of the warm fuzzy feelings that he felt when his best friend Boun kissed him earlier. It was just a gentle peck on the lips and forehead, but it made his heartbeat so wildly, he felt like he just ran three laps around the track nonstop.

Boun said he wanted to keep Prem forever, and Prem couldn't shake the painful feeling of guilt. Would Boun, his best friend, his hia still want him forever after he told him what he had done?

Suddenly that familiar tapping came strumming at his window.

For the past few months, his best friend had been making this a regular occurrence. On the nights Boun couldn't sleep, he would ride his bike to Prem's house and use Prem's dad's ladder to climb up Prem's window. It only took a few taps and Prem would wake almost immediately. He would unlock his window and let his best friend in. Oftentimes words weren't exchanged, they would quietly climb back and bed and fall asleep, with Prem's hand securely clasped in Boun's.

Instead of experiencing that same happiness and excitement that he always felt knowing who it was, he felt a deep anxiety looming within. Because he never kept anything from Boun, and he knew he would have to tell him who he kissed and why. Prem could only hope and pray that Boun would still want him forever afterwards.

Reluctantly Prem pushed back the covers and got up from his bed. He slowly walked over to his window and there Boun was...now beaming brightly at him. Prem gave him a small smile before unlocking his window and letting him in.

Thinking it was just a typical sleepless night for Boun, Prem started walking towards his bed. He wasn't ready to confess just yet. He wanted one last night with his hia, he would come clean in the morning.