Chapter Five - Monday & Tuesday (We're Not Friends)

Prem's Point of View (Monday continued...)

I just had best orgasm ever and though things were still messed up between Boun and me, I refused to feel guilty or bad about it. We took a quick shower together.

Just showered.

Boun walked ahead of me, I assumed he was going to open the door. Instead he stood in front of it, preventing me from leaving.

"Sleep with me tonight."

"No." I didn't even give his request a second thought. I didn't think it was a good idea, the lines were getting blurred and this was too much. "We got each other off; that's it." I wasn't sure who I was trying to convince more. Him or myself. "Sleeping together will only complicate things."

Brief disappointment flashed across Boun's face.

"That sofa isn't comfortable," He tried to reason with me, "we can share the bed from here on out...like before."

Before everything went to shit.

From infancy to our early adolescence we spent so many nights together, always sharing the same bed. Even during the school week, alternating between Boun's house and mine.

Except the last year of our friendship.

We were getting older, making new friends, and spending less time together. Still, whenever we reunited it always felt like we didn't miss a beat. Towards the end, we were more affectionate, touchier, with one another. Looking back now, I realized we were evolving into something else.

Well, at least that's what I foolishly thought.

Sleeping in the same bed with Boun was one of the many things I missed most. I always slept so peacefully, I felt protected. Cared for me.

"Please Salapao." He was pouting like he used to when we were kids. I could never deny him when he behaved like this. He was too cute to resist.  

"Fine," I finally conceded. "We can sleep together, but not sex-sleep together. Only sleep-sleep together."

"Yes!" Boun exclaimed happily before grabbing my face and kissing my lips.

A shiver of pleasure ran through me; instead of stopping him, I kissed him back. His lips were all heat and sweetness, his tongue turning over mine with such longing. We kissed like this for several seconds before I finally came to my senses and pushed him away with force.

"And no kissing out there either!" I snapped, wiping my mouth along my arm.

"But we can kiss in here?" He gave me a sly grin.

"You're unbelievable!" I laughed. Genuinely laughed, Boun smiled even brighter at me, causing my heart to quicken a bit.

Get it together Prem! This is the same person who broke your heart.

Our friendship didn't end because of a childish prank, it ultimately ended because he broke his promise to me. 

"Listen," I replaced my smile with a serious façade. "we're just helping each other out while we're in here. We can do this, but without any emotional involvement, okay?"

Pain and hurt flickered in Boun's eyes and I regretted the compulsion of triggering it, but I didn't want to appear weak or wavering. He stepped forward and cupped my face. He kissed my forehead, and my breath hitched.

We shared a forehead kiss like this once before he broke his ultimate promise. It still felt the same, but more intense today than back then. I wasn't a confused kid anymore. I was an adult now, aware of what actions, like this, meant.