Chapter Three - Sunday (Design & Build With Me)

My heart is incredibly happy by the feedback, early update.

Prem's Point of View

Since my friendship ended with Boun ten years ago, I have experienced every negative emotion known to mankind whenever we cross paths.

Anger, hurt, hatred, nausea, disgust, resentment, and unfortunately for me, at times...primal arousal.

But I have never felt what I was feeling right now.

No, that's a lie.

I take that back.

I had this feeling before.

When we were young.

Things were different then. At one point in my life every time my eyes met Boun's, my stomach would tie into knots. That once and now unwelcomed feeling was back and even worse; it lost its childlike innocence. Back then I was just starting to understand that my feelings towards Boun weren't just brotherly.

As difficult as it was while being forced to share this tiny little space of ours, I tried to keep my distance as best I could. We didn't speak at all, and rarely made eye contact. The only time we actually got remotely close to one another was when I was cooking. That tiny kitchen table was Switzerland to us, yet we ate in reticence.

"Giving one another silent treatment isn't going to work." Earth's voice was dripping with total annoyance through the speaker box.

"There's nothing to talk about." Boun huffed not bothering to look up at me.

"That's too bad," Fluke said sadly, "you leave us no choice."

The television flickered on.

"Damn it." I immediately pushed my plate away knowing I would lose my appetite.

Nine-year-old me and Elven-year-old Boun. There we were smiling brightly.

Our easily impressed parents stood in awe of our latest joint project.

As we got older, we developed a love for building and designing things. And this was our best project yet, a 1/87 Scale fire station.

 And this was our best project yet, a 1/87 Scale fire station

"I can't believe you two figured this all out on your own." Boun's dad draped his arm over his son's shoulder.

"Wow, it actually lights up." My dad whistled with amazement.

"How you two manage to do all of this is beyond me." Boun's mom smiled.

"Now, who did what?" My mom asked as she walked around the entire model.

"Well, Salapao focused on the design, constructing, and vibe of the building." Boun explained.

"And hia," I gestured towards Boun like he was everything in my world, "made sure my design would actually work and adjusted it, using all that math and science he has stored in his head." Boun blushed a little but smiled cheerfully at me. "When I grow up, I'm going to design big, tall, beautiful buildings." I told everyone proudly.