Chapter 14

It's odd, the things you feel when you're that someone dying.

You can feel the blood drain from your face, your body go limp, and for more than a second you finally know what it would feel like.

I feel someone holding my hand and I look over. I can't help but smile.

"Hi dad." I say.

"What happened honey? You shouldn't be here." He says as he touches my face. God I missed his touch.

"It's ok dad, I did it to save him." I say.

"Save who honey?" He asks.

"Demitri's son. He was going to die." I say.

"I raised you right my dear." He says as he kisses my head. "But it's not your time, I want you to pull through and go home to mom."

"Dad I'm already gone, and I have been since you died." I say. He shakes his head.

"You were not gone, you were healing. You are so strong, my little girl all grown up." He says. I let my tears fall as I hug him. "Breathe honey, don't leave mom all alone."

I nod as my lip quivers and I hold his hand. "I love you dad. I've wanted to tell you for so long but you couldn't ever hear me." I say as tears fall down my cheeks.

"I heard you honey, I heard you crying for months and I wanted to hug you so badly. But you are strong, you will get through this and I will live through you."

I smile and hug him. "I'll make you proud." I say.

"You already have my dear, I love you more than words can even describe." He says.

"I love you too dad, we miss you so much." I say.

"I know, and please don't hurt yourself anymore. It hurts me to see it." He says. I nod.

"I promise." I say. I hug him again and he kisses my head before everything turns white.

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

"Is she ok? She's going to be ok right?"

"Sir please go wait in the waiting room."

"No, she needs to know I'm here."

"Sir please."

I struggle to open my eyes but when I do, I see Vinny, holding the hand dad was.

"Hey, you'll be ok. Just stay awake for me and please don't die." He says. I'm wheeled away and as I round the corner I see Cory pull him away.

"What's your name honey?" The doctor asks as they cut my clothes off.

"Ashley." I say hoarsely.

"Ok Ashley, we're going to try and save you." She says. I nod as they put an oxygen thing on me. I start to feel drowsy and soon I'm sleeping.

***

"How is she? She's ok right? Right?"

"She's stable for now. She should be waking up soon but we can only allow three people in at a time to see her."

"We'll go wait outside. I called her mom already and she's on her way."

I feel someone sit on the edge of my bed and I peel my eyes open. They feel so heavy right now.

Either I'm still high or I'm happy, because I feel like everything is a little brighter. I can feel my heartbeat, I can see the sun out the window, I can hear music playing down the hallway. I can smell what seems to be pizza and I can taste something metallic.