Part Fifteen: Breaching the Wall

"Wakey wakey, bro," Tamashi woke up his Echo, " We've got important stuff to do today."

I know... Nozomi rolled out of bed, still quite drowsy, I was barely able to get any sleep last night.

"We don't have time for sleep right now," Tamashi urged, "Get ready!"

Jeez, what's got you so antsy? Nozomi asked, mildly irritated due to his lack of rest.

"Come on, man!" Tamashi said, "It's an infiltration mission! How can you not get at least a little hyped?"

I mean, we aren't participating in the actual infiltration, Nozomi reminded him, We're pretty much just Spade Echo, Roboco, and Melody's getaway car.

"Ugh, could you not be a killjoy?" Tamashi groaned, "Let me feel cool."

Whatever, Nozomi cracked a smirk, taking his green kimono and his accompanying sheath, walking out the door.

...

He walked into the meeting room, finding the three necessary to carrying out the plan, those being Melody, Spade Echo, and Roboco, sitting down and having a word with YAGOO.

"Ah, Nozomi," YAGOO noticed the black-haired teen, "Melody's confirmed that she might be able to breach the firewall, depending on its strength."

"I can handle most things," she nodded, "Of course, there are some things I can't handle, but that's normal for everyone, isn't it?"

"I know a thing or two about hacking, and Roboco is a robot," Spade Echo piped in, "We should be able to take it down. All we need to do is bust in there."

"I can phase out of sight, and Spade Echo is a phantom thief," Melody pondered, "We'll have to keep Roboco out of sight."

"Sorry to be a bother..." she looked down, still trying to maintain a smile.

"It's no problem," Spade Echo shook her head, "Honestly, on missions like this, it's good to have a little extra manpower."

"If you say so," Roboco said, turning to face Nozomi, "You ready?"

"Yeah," he said with his usual smirk, unsheathing his sword and focusing his energy to its tip. Once the energy had sufficiently amassed, he slashed through the air, creating a white portal to the Mirror. The four glanced at each other with determined expressions, entering the portal and starting the mission.

...

Dropping down in the snowy field the group had encountered the polar bear-like Malice in, Spade Echo immediately got to work.

"Follow me," she said, quickly looking from side to side and running east. The group began following the phantom thief as she helped the group avoid and take out Malice silently. Dashing towards a small group of trees and climbing its branches, she glanced at her team.

"The stronghold's over there," she whispered, "There's guards over there. Can you take care of 'em, Nozomi?"

"With pleasure," he said, unsheathing his sword. Taking note of Spade Echo's techniques, he began lurking in the shadows, as to avoid being detected by the guards. Taking a closer look at the twin guards, they were wearing battle armor similar to the ones that Nozomi's doppelgangers were wearing, but they appeared to be quite cheaply made and weren't of any special color, instead being merely gray. They were also grasping fairly standard assault rifles, with one carrying a grenade on him. Nozomi took his sword and quickly decapitated one of the soldiers.