Part Eighteen: Peace

"Previous life...?" Nozomi questioned, "What are you talking about?"

You know what she's on about? Nozomi asked Tamashi.

"No fuckin' clue," Tamashi admitted, "It's rare for me to not know something like this, though. I do know who Uto-chan is, though."

"He doesn't know yet," Gura tugged on Amelia's dress, "Are you sure we should tell him? Especially since he looks just like those bad guys?"

"Yeah, we can tell him," Amelia said, "He's not like them."

"Alright," Gura pulled back, "I trust you, Ame."

"So... what's this previous life business all about?" Nozomi asked.

"You see this?" Amelia pointed to a stopwatch in her hand, "This is a time machine I invented in my previous life. I was an inventor back then, and I was known as Amatsuka Uto."

"Uto-chan's never mentioned this to me before..." Tamashi pondered.

"After some insane bastard angered the gods and tried to overthrow them using the combined power of five sealed deities, the gods released Niku upon the world," Amelia retold, her eyes drifting off, "I... had to see a lot of people die. It was horrible. And I couldn't take it anymore. So I used this time machine to prevent that insane bastard from attempting his plans.

"But it would seem even time travel couldn't fix the foolishness of humanity," Amelia rolled her eyes, "As the world I left behind reordered itself. This is where the Mirror came from."

"Wh-what...?" Nozomi stumbled back.

"What the hell...?" Tamashi seemed even more shocked than Nozomi did, "Th-that's impossible... the Mirror's been around since the beginning of time..."

She said the universe reordered itself when she time traveled... Nozomi reminded him, It could be that the universe made it so the Mirror was there since the beginning of time.

"I..." Tamashi began, "I might just throw up..."

"So, how did you hear of the name Amatsuka Uto?" Amelia interrogated, "It's not something anyone should know, considering it's my old name from a previous world line."

"When I was talking to you and Gura earlier," Nozomi began, "I blinked and suddenly appeared in the sky. Stumbling to my feet, I found a girl with blue hair and a short blue dress, with blue eyes quite similar to your own, Amelia."

"The physical description matches what I used to look like," Amelia nodded, "Although I have no idea why I'm wearing a blue dress. Continue."

"She introduced herself as Amatsuka Uto, and as she looked into the sky she expressed her happiness that you and Gura got together," Nozomi described, "When I asked her how she knew Amelia, she laughed and said she was Amelia. Before I could ask her anything else, my vision faded and I was back in the real world."

"That's weird," Amelia put her fingers to her chin, "I was never the mysterious type back then. But I guess we all change."

"Tamashi also said she knew Uto-chan," Nozomi claimed, "He hasn't said anything substantial about it yet, though."

"It's a mystery to me, too," Amelia shrugged, "I know I'm a detective and stuff, but I'm sure we'll figure it out."

You sure you don't wanna speak up? Nozomi asked.

"I'm good," Tamashi claimed, "I've only spoken with her once or twice, and the conversations have been quite short."

I see, Nozomi nodded, looking at Amelia.