𝐶𝒉𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 12

After Mingi finally agreed to being one of our allies, Jisung called dad's assistant to inform him about the situation. 30 minutes after Jisung hanged up the phone, the assistant called again, asking us to come to the mansion. That was all,what Jisung told me.

"So why are we going again there?" I said as we went to the back of the car. "I need more context than 'they just asked us to go there' "

"You'll find out, when we go there, geez" he rolled his eyes.

I was getting so frustrated from his sudden change of attitude. Jisung was being more stubborn then ever, and for what, because i didn't give him some chocolate cake. Now i can finally feel the pain of having a sibling.

s i g h

Then an idea popped on my head. Why don't I ask Beom (the driver) about it. So i did that, and luckily for me he answered.

"Boss called you to discuss more about Mingi" he said taking his eyes off of the front mirror of the car.

As soon as i got my answer, I flipped Jisung off. He really thought, I couldn't ask Beom just because he's huge and scary AND he's apart of the mafia.

Well, I overcame that fear, so suck it up

///

We arrived at Dad's mansion and his assistant was outside waiting for us. After getting out of the car, we started following Dad's assistant to where he was leading us. 

We went up the long staircase. And now i noticed that the wooden handrail were fairytale like. I couldn't stop looking at their design. The hallway though, was mesmerising. Pictures were hanging on the walls. They had such rich colours that made your eyes get hooked on them.

I couldn't believe how i didn't even notice these things when i first came here, but it might have been because i was stressed and overthinking things.

All of a sudden the same feeling i felt when i first came here came back. I realised we were infront of dad's office. The assistant opened the door, and at the desk there was dad working on some document. As we enter the room, he raises his head and smiles at us.

"Hello Y/n, Jisung !- he said,clearing his desk up, - Sorry for calling you all of a sudden. I thought it would be better if I shared my thoughts on our ne ally, or should I say soon-to-be ally"

The only response that he received from us was a simple nod, and took that as a sign to keep talking.

"We aren't sure yet if Mingi is 100% on our side, so one of my allies that is undercover, thought to make Songil call Mingi to address the meeting in the cemetery between him and Y/n , - Jihoon said , - and Mingi's answer will prove his trust"

Right,
I forgot this was the real world.

"I like the plan, yes, but what if he lets out  an important information that could make our mission fail" i said.

"I haven't met him yet, and i don't recall you telling something important to him, as Jisung said, so even if he isn't on our side it will not be a threat" he explained with a smirk on his face.

I stayed silent.
Thinking
Analysing
And remembering what happened before and during the talk with Mingi.

That's when i came to realisation. This whole thing had been planned before i even met Mingi at the cemetery. I don't remember them giving me much information about Jihoon's job or other stuff either. So they knew something bad would happen, so to not risk anything they didn't give me any information and zero protection.

I was angry
But let's not forget this is the mafia. Everyone cares about themselves and their own safety. Even if you're related by blood.

///