Julie Please Hear Us Out!

We then walk to the studio and the boys sing.

We're sorry

So sorry

We're super-duper, crazy, stupid

Sorry

Reggie - In case you missed it, we're really sorry.

Julie - Yeah. I... I got that part.

Alex - We've been here for, like, three hours.

Reggie - Yup.

Luke - We almost sang to your little brother.

Reggie - He comes in here a lot. Mainly to use the bathroom.

Alex - Yeah. It's not our favorite part of the day.

Luke - But, Julie, it wasn't OK that we flaked on the dance last night. We know we let you down.

Alex - Yeah, and none of us wanted to disappoint you. You're the best thing that's happened to us since we became ghosts.

Luke - So, in hopes that you'll rejoin the band, we booked a new gig.

Reggie - A mega important, life-changing gig.

Luke - Oh, OK. Check it out. Tons of managers go here to listen to new bands. All we gotta do is blow them all away, and we're living the dream.

Julie - So this means a lot to you, huh? Kind of how playing in front of my whole entire school meant a lot to me.

Reggie - Sounds like sarcasm. I'm starting to think our plan isn't working.

Alex - Look, we know we messed up. But we need you in the band.

Julie - Of course you do, because without me no one can see you guys playing. You know, I thought that the music that we were writing was special, but you're too obsessed with your past to even care.

Luke - I do care. Our band has a real chance at greatness. I'm not gonna let that get away from us again.

Julie - Uh-huh. Right. So then why did you bail on me to get back at Trevor? I'll tell you why. 'Cause there's only one thing you care about, and that's yourself.

Alex - Dude, she didn't mean it.

Luke poofs away.

Reggie - Where's he going?

Alex - Where do you think?

Laura - We legit just said happy birthday to him

Reggie - Ohhhh... Yeah

Alex, Reggie and I poof to Julie.

Alex - Hey, you, uh... you got a second?

Reggie - Oh my gosh. She can't see us anymore! Oh. Right. Yep.

Laura - Julie, please.

Julie - I already told you that I'm done with the band.

Alex - Yeah, we know, all right? But before you decide that forever, we just... We wanted you to know that Luke isn't as selfish as you think.

Reggie - Yeah, you've got him all wrong.

Laura - You remember that song "Emily"? Can we at least show you who that's actually about?

We walk to Luke's house and hide behind the bushes.

Laura - I'm going to go to him ok.

Alex - Ok just if he says go away or anything like that just do so

Laura - Definitely.

I poof to Luke. He sees me and starts crying.

Laura - I know baby. I'm so sorry

Luke - Even after all we went though... the fight... the arguing... everything. They still celebrate me.

Laura - Of course they do. They wanted to see you become successful, they didn't know that being a musician would be enough. Trust me, they wanted me to become something other than a dancer so I can earn more money and be successful.

Luke - They...

Laura - They just wanted you to live a life. They didn't know that music was your life. They loved you.

Luke - I loved them too.

Laura - I'm going to give you time. Come back when you're ready... I love you.

Luke - I love you too

I kiss his cheek and poof away. I poof behind Alex.

Julie - So, Emily's his mom?

Reggie - Yeah.

Alex - Yeah, Luke comes here a lot.

Reggie - He thinks we don't know, but... we've been following him... All he does is just hang out like this

and watch them. They never really do anything though.

Julie - They're having cake. That's something.

Laura - It's a... It's a birthday cake... For Luke.

Julie - I never knew Luke was hurting this much.

Laura - Yeah. It's even worse because when he died, he... left on bad terms. You know, his parents didn't want their 17-year-old in a rock band, so... he just left.

Alex - He never got the chance to make up with them.

Reggie - That's why Luke was so angry. If Trevor had given Luke credit for writing all the songs, then... his parents would've known his dream was worth chasing.

Julie - They would have been so proud.

Alex - We know how bad it hurts whenever someone that should've had your back... completely lets you down. We never meant to make you feel that way.

Reggie - Julie, we love our band, and Luke does too. Please give us another chance.

We poof back to the studio and they start working

Marching on proud

Turn it up loud

'Cause now we know what we're worth

Luke poofs back

Luke - Whoa, Julie.

Julie - Grab your guitar. We got work to do.

Luke - What made you come back?

Julie - I realized how important music is to all of us. And we've lost so much already. We can't lose this too.

Luke - Thanks... All right, boss. Where we at?

Julie - Oh, and by the way, happy birthday... Let's go from the pre-chorus.

Alex - One, two, three, four.