Don't leave me. (Angst) [XiaoxAether]

Please read the description before reading, thank you!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aether's pov...

I felt my breath leaving my body as I ran from the hilichurls. I didn't have the strength to fight them. I was exhausted from all the training I had done earlier in the day. I was breathing heavily, and it felt like my clothes had gotten heavy. I clutched to my chest and ran faster, using up more of my energy. My vision blurred and the sound of my footsteps were drowned out. With my last efforts I managed to remember his words.

"If you awake to a knife at your throat, if monsters dig their claws into you, if death comes knocking at your door, call out my name. Adeptus Xiao. I will be here when you call."

I needed him...

"X-Xiao.."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xiao's pov...

My eyes shot open. I swear I heard something. Perhaps another call for help. I stared blankly at the city of Liyue before turning away.

"Gh... Here we go again."

I leapt into the air and zoomed off. After all, I was known for my swiftness. I headed towards the sound in annoyance. Although I do not like to associate myself with mere mortals, I have dedicated my life to protecting them. As I got closer, I recognized the sound of hilichurls. I slid down a small hill and saw the quite brutal scene in front of me.

It's that traveler...

Time seemed to freeze as I saw his beautiful blonde hair, stained with blood. His eyes were sealed shut and his chest heaved up and down as he gasped for air. If I didn't see his efforts as he fought for his life, I would've thought he was dead. I grunted and ran straight towards the danger, fighting and killing the hilichurls. I stood still for a second and turned my head to face the man lying on the floor. Sighing, I got down on my knees, picking him up. I wasn't the tallest, but I was quite strong. As I used my swiftness to get him to safety, I felt my body begin to ache in pain, this was a consequence I faced on the daily from using my powers.

Time seemed to fly by as I had finally made it back to Wangshu Inn. I had taken him to a spare room and gently placed him down on the bed. I left again, to look for somebody who could tend his wounds. I glanced back.

"Stay here." I whispered, seemingly to nobody but myself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aether's pov...

My eyes fluttered as they opened ever so slightly. The sudden brightness of the lamp next to me, stung my eyes. I sealed them again, sighing. I felt at peace for a moment, then my body jumped up as I remembered what had happened.

"Where the hell am I?" I muttered.

I looked around for a moment. This looks like... Wangshu Inn..? I tried to stand but felt my legs give out under me almost immediately. My eyes widened in pain. I lay back down, trying to remain calm. My eye lids felt heavy and my body was too weak to fight against keeping them open. My eyes closed, only for a few seconds before I heard the door.

Click.

I forced my eyes open, and looked at the doorway. Relief flooded through my body as I saw the familiar figure.