V

Levi's head rose with Erwin's chest as Erwin inhaled. Dropped back down when he exhaled. Listening to his steady breathing he tried to match it with his own. Inhale on four, exhale on five. Inhale on four, exhale on five, the tightness in his chest gradually beginning to loosen. They remained quiet. The warmth of his body comforting on Levi's cheek. Neither dared move. Neither wanted to move.
Erwin ran his fingers through Levi's hair, toying with it. It was wet, slightly sticky.

   "Levi, we should probably get you cleaned up-"

    "Don't." He pulled Erwin in tighter. "Please."

Erwin moved his hands further down Levi's back and they stayed kneeling in the corridor, locked in a reassuring embrace for what seemed like hours.

   "I'm sorry." Said Erwin.

   "What?"

   "You heard me."

Levi pulled back slightly. "I did." No better apology was needed. He knew Erwin well enough to be content with what little he got. Besides, for Levi, there was no better apology than Erwin's soothing touch. The warm comforting cave that was his arms.

   "Your feet are hurt."

Erwin's shoulders shook as he chuckled softly. "Indeed."

   "I know you care, Erwin." Levi murmured.

Erwin stroked Levi's cheek with the back of his hand, his fingers brushing gently across his temple, pushing the hair out of Levi's face before traveling softly to his jaw, his thumb caressing his lower lip. He drew Levi back into his chest, who nuzzled his head into the crook of Erwin's neck.

Somewhere down the corridor echoed the faint click of a closing door.

   "Was that Hange's room?" Levi pressed himself further into Erwin and closed his eyes.

   "Probably."