𝐨𝐧𝐞.

One after another

One after another. At only the age of eight, Naoya Zenin had fired plenty of servants and sent even more leaving in tears. Each of them had been older women who had underestimated how difficult it would be to serve the son of the Zenin clan. 

And again, Naoya continued to torment his personal servant.

"Bark," the young boy commanded.

"Master Zenin, you need to prepare for the meeting with your father." She began but was silenced when he raised his hand. 

"I'll get ready when you bark. Now I want you to do it while you're on your hands and knees since you want to speak against me. You serve me because I own you."

His sharp eyes were filled with malice as he stared intently at the woman before him. If she didn't do it then he would fire her for someone who would, it was that simple to him. He wasn't short on woman he could control. Even at the age of eight he was convinced that any woman regardless of age was beneath him. 

Naoya considered it his birth right, as a Zenin and a male.

"Well? If I am late to my meeting with father then he will only have you to blame. All you have to do is listen to what I say. It's not that hard," he snickered proudly as the servant grit her teeth in restraint. She tightened her grip on the clothes in her hand and Naoya laughed loudly. It was a wholehearted, vicious laugh and that alone had snuffed out the last of her patience.

"I quit! There is nobody in this world with enough patience to--" she bit her tongue since she had to be careful of her words. "Spoiled brat.." she muttered before throwing the clothes in her hand on the bed and stormed out the room with tears threatening to fall from her eyes.

Naoya watched her leave the room without a care of the last words he'd clearly heard her say. His expression was blank since he didn't have any means of entertainment anymore. He changed his own clothes and headed over to his father's room.

Outside of the door a servant awaited his presence. When they noticed that nobody was standing beside him they sighed softly and hadn't been surprised in the slightest that she'd quit. They slid the door open and announced the presence of the Zenin clan heir. 

"Young Master Naoya has arrived to see you, sir."

Naoya stepped into the room and noticed that his father hadn't been alone in the room. An older man was standing there and his eyes were now focused on Naoya since he entered the room. A small figure could be seen from beside him. He presumed it insignificant to him. 

"Naoya, I assume the servant I had assigned to you has quit due your behavior, once again?"

"Yes, father."

"Perfect," he said to himself as he gestured his hand over at the older man. In response, the servant that had announced Naoya's presence brought a case over in exchange for a small hand that they held onto. 

naoya pov.

The older man with the briefcase kneeled down and said a few words to the person beside him before standing up again, bowing in gratitude, and leaving without another word. 

When I caught a glimpse of the child, I could tell that they were about my age. They're snow-like colored hair was pulled up neatly in a small ponytail and their clothes much resembled my own. My breath hitched involuntarily when their eyes shifted to meet mine. I could see the beauty mark under their eye and their mouth quirked up slightly into a smile.

My heart pounded. It pounded so loudly I thought my father would scold me due to the obnoxious sound. I immediately averted my eyes since I determined that the strange child was the cause of my sudden illness. I'd never experienced this feeling of my face getting way hotter than usual and my mind scrambling to think straight. 

Was this their technique at work?

"Naoya. I want you to meet Machi, your new personal servant. He will be a vital asset for your future."

He? I'd almost thought he was a girl. How could he be any use to me?

"Yes, Father."

"Wait for him in your quarters. I need to speak with him privately."

"Yes, Father." I did as I was told and awaited for the boy to make an appearance in my room. I wanted to see him again. Out of curiosity. 

I needed to know more.

After a while, I laid on my back on my bed in wait for the boy and eventually I heard my door slide open. He stepped inside and bowed graciously when he eyed me. 

"I am Machi Kiyoko. It's a pleasure to serve you, Young Master Naoya."

"My father already said your name earlier," I said in a bored tone even though I was quite amused by him. 

"I by no means was trying to insult you, Young Master Naoya. I assumed you wanted to hear my introduction from myself directly."

"Don't say the 'young' part. It's weird since we're the same age," I stated and slid off my bed to walk over to him. 

"Of course, Master Naoya."

I lifted a piece of his hair to get a closer look at the snow white color. I examined him out of curiosity by shamelessly touching along his arms and chest. It was clear he was uncomfortable since his face turned a beat red and he would squirm around when my hands touched his skin. 

"Why do you keep moving around?" I snapped.

"It's just that your hands are really cold."

I purposely placed my ice cold fingers on his face and he flinched with a quiet shriek in surprise. I was amused by his reactions and found myself giggling. When he realized, Machi started to giggle along with me. His nose scrunched and his laugh was lighthearted, it caused my chest to tighten. The feeling caught me off guard so I decided to harshly pinch his nose to prevent him from laughing any longer. 

Machi jolted back from my grip and his nose had bright red mark. He held his nose and tears were threatening to fall as they pricked from the corner of his eyes. I expected him to leave or shout in anger at me but instead I saw a small smile peeking through his hands. Machi grinned as he tried to make it seem that the pain didn't bother him when it obviously did. 

"I'm ok! It only hurts a little bit!" He cheered while hovering his hands over nose but trying to keep them away as if to prove he was okay. 

"You're such a crybaby," I stated. 

"I know, but I promise that I won't cry." Machi swiped away the tears from the corner of his eyes. "Never, ever!"

His eyes sparkled with determination and happiness as he stared at me for my approval. I shrugged indifferently but my heart was actually beating louder than before and the tip of my ears were a bright red. It was only because he was way too close to my face. 

I hated this boy.

Yeah, I really hated him.