𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

The woman that had been set to meet Naoya was exceptionally beautiful

The woman that had been set to meet Naoya was exceptionally beautiful. Machi even considered her flawless. Her skin was perfectly smooth and her makeup perfectly accented each of her features. Her nose, lips, and eyes were just the perfect size to fit her face structure. The woman's frame was one that people would wish for in their dreams. In other words, Machi had no doubt that Naoya would be attracted to this woman, maybe he'd even marry her. 

"Good morning, Ms. Mizuno." Machi bowed graciously before her and she bowed in return. 

"Good morning, I'm grateful that you came to greet me."

"Of course, Master Naoya is awaiting you inside."

He guided her down the hall and slid open a door to reveal Naoya sitting at the table inside. He smiled at Mizuno warmly and she appeared to be quite flustered for a moment. 

Machi moved to the side and directed her in with his arm extended as he bowed his head. He swiftly went to prepare the tea and met someone on his way. 

"Dear, Machi! How are you?" someone called out to him. It was an elderly woman by the name of Ezra. She was one of the oldest in the estate and one of Machi's prime caretakers when he was young. Ezra gave a kind smile and rested her hand on his head for a moment. "How you've grown so fast over the years."

"I'm well Ms. Ezra but, I'm afraid I must cut our conversation short. I must serve Master Naoya and his guest."

"Be sure you're careful. That boy is nothing but trouble."

"I'll see you later Ms. Ezra," he simply answered as to avoid the start of the repetitive conversation that he'd been listening to for years. 

He was far too familiar with Naoya's cruel nature but he somehow convinced himself that somewhere under all of that was some kind of gentleness that only he was able to see. Maybe it was the reason he couldn't find it in himself to truly hate him. 

**

Naoya glanced at the woman and analyzed her appearance closely. He had to admit that she was leaps and bounds above the previous woman he'd met. However, Naoya still considered Machi to be far more appealing in looks and frankly personality as well. 

He hated how Mizuno continuously fawned over his strength and whispered sweet nothings in attempt to win his favor. This woman tested his sliver of patience each time she clung to him even as he tried to pull away. 

"I've heard so much about you! I could barely contain my excitement when I was told that I was being considered as your wife!"

"I'm not interested in ever marrying you," he stated clearly.

Her eyes went wide before she started to dramatically sob into her hands. "Why are you so cruel to me?"

Suddenly, the door slid open and revealed his young servant standing there with his tea.