𝟏/𝟐

this song goes w/ the chapter :)

*WARNING: SLIGHTLY SEXUAL CONTENT

Regardless of any cruel word I said or terrible prank I pulled on him. He never gave in. 

And the even more frustrating part is that each time I thought I could get under his skin he would smile at me. It wasn't a vengeful or bitter smile that the other servants would give me out of restraint. It was a genuine, kind hearted smile that revealed to me each time that I was forgiven. There wasn't a sliver of malice or ill intent from him after everything I did. 

The first time, I gave him outlandish commands.

"Machi. Make me breakfast," I commanded and I watched as his eyes filled with worry from the request.

"I'm sorry Master Naoya but I'm too young to be allowed in the kitchen."

"So what? Do you want me to find a solution to your problem?" I asked bitterly. 

"No, of course not but what should I--"

I interrupted him with a scoff and glanced down at him as he kneeled under me. "Usually I would have fired you by now. However, my father told me you would be useful to me as the heir to the Zenin clan but you're only proving to me a hindrance. Are you really going to disrespect my father's word by making his words false?"

"No, Master Naoya."

"Then, go and don't come back till you've brought me a suitable breakfast."

Machi bowed politely and walked out the room as he was told. I was well aware that someone my age wasn't allowed to use our kitchen appliances. I hoped he'd be caught trying to cook regardless of the rule and be fired or he'd admit defeat and quit. 

"Either way I wouldn't have to see him again and that's what I want."

A glimpse of his face came to mind and my heart threatened to beat out of my chest. My face started to get hot so I held my cold hands to my cheeks. 

"I hate that he makes me sick like this. I want him gone."

After a while, I figured he'd given up and went to rise from my bed. Until suddenly my door slid open, revealing the young boy out of breath and with a full platter of food in hand. It contained a variety of fruits sliced together with a steamed rice and a raw egg on top of it. The side also had some tea and a lemon.

"I'm very sorry for the wait. I've finished your breakfast." He came over to me and set the platter in front of me on the table. 

I kneeled back down in front of the table out of curiosity and he set a pair of chopsticks next to the platter. My eyes widened slightly when I noticed his fingers. They were sloppily bandaged and bleeding probably from cutting the fruits. He noticed my eyes on his hand and smiled a bit.