° Myths Of Teens °

As the audience floods in the doors, Divya walks onto an empty stage with a megaphone in her hand.

Divya: Come out, guys! Our audience is here! Time to start the talk!

The team comes from all sorts of places. Riya jumps in from the left side of the stage. Zubi walks calmly from the right side. Mags runs from the audience, jumping onto the stage. Lily falls from the ceiling hooked onto wires, Teslim riding piggy-back. Finally comes Adiba, dragging along a huge (and heavy) poster behind her. Once everybody is onstage, Divya continues speaking into the megaphone.

Divya: Welcome everybody, to our new Alpha to Omega story! Today’s talk is about something all teens and parents need to hear! Now, let's lift this poster and get this show on the road!

All the ladies struggle to lift the heavy poster, but they do it!

Divya: That’s right! We’re talking about the many myths about teens! Wanna start us off with what a myth is, Lily?

Lily: Of course! A myth is an idea or belief known by everyone that is not true. Teenagers are generalized into various myths that are not 100% true at all!

Teslim: Yes! They are not true! Some people think that all generalizations of teens are true, but, they are, in fact, myths!

Divya: Thank you for explaining! Any advice for how to stop with those generalizations?

Zubi: Sure! But, first, I think we should have the story. Ready, Mags?

Mags: Oh yeah! I was born ready! Just a warning to our audience: there are some elements that may be triggering!

This is a story filled with several mini stories of various myths about teens. They consist of heartbreak, bullying, abuse, peer pressure and other things teenagers all around the world experience.

***

Our first story is about Micah, a love-sick girl who must get past some rough times after her boyfriend breaks up with her.