『Chapter 10』

┌────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┐

Old friends and Break
Downs

└────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────┘

"And that's what makes it so fun" Alex joined with a smirk. He was in on the plan, they all were except the brunette who looked at them like they were insane. Hopefully, the battle of the bands went well

TW// Talks of death

[Bold is Nick, Italics is Karl and both combined and underline are both]

"Corpsie!" Karl yelled as his friend came into view. The man had curly black hair, a black jumper and a black face mask on. The man turned to the sound of the voice. His eyes lighting up as he saw his old college friend, taking his hands out of his pockets, revealing some rings, he opened them as he embraced the boy.

"Karl, it's so good to see you again." His voice was deep, like scarily deep.

The two parted and headed into the small coffee cafe, a different one from the brunette's past. It was quieter and had two levels. They quickly ordered their items, Corpse getting a black coffee and Karl an ice tea and blueberry muffin since he skipped breakfast. They grabbed a seat upstairs as they engaged in conversation.

Corpse told his old friend everything that had happened, from their friend Bretman getting stood up to Sykkuno breaking his arm after he fell out of a tree because of a dare. In return, Karl caught the younger man up on what was happening in his life, explaining why he left so abruptly, the band, his recent heartbreak and the possible future of his band.

"Sounds like a dick" The man never shied away from the truth. Karl choked on his muffin, Corpse laughing.

"Dude, he's not that bad-"

"He cheated on you"

"Alex said it was his ex who was trying to split us up so he could get back with Nick-"

"And you believe that bullshit?" He leant forward as he studied the brunette's face, who simply shook his head.

"At this point, Nick has no reason to lie. I can tolerate him, but I don't know if I can forgive him" The guitarist said solemnly.

He had learnt in the past few weeks of ignoring Nick that he couldn't keep it up. They were bandmates and would have to see each other, and Karl would be damned if he quit because of a stupid guy.

Even if part of him still loved the drummer.

"Well, if he hurts you or tries anything, I will be right back here to put him in his fucking place. Got it?"

"I don't doubt it" He laughed as Corpse pushed his empty cup aside.

*♪↠♬↞♪*

Bad and Skeppy slept soundly on the lounge, the brunette's arms around the ravenette's waist as he held him tight. The younger snoring softly into his soulmate's chest. Ranboo and Karl, on the other hand, sat together on the one-person armchair under a blanket as they watched the horror called Trolls unfold.

The singing and dancing, plus all the bright colours and happiness, scared the cousins. How children managed to like this was way beyond them. As the credits finally rolled, the brunette teenager finally let out a breath he had been holding for so long, how they managed to sit through it all, or even had it on, bamboozled them. Neither could remember how or why it was on, it just was.