Nightmares

Tw: trauma possible? It's sorta metaphorical since it's in a nightmare but be warned, this gets a little dark

--

Jimmy Jr jolted awake, feeling at at a loss of breath. His body felt like it was frozen. His head was spinning. Tears threatening to spill from his eyes, clapping his hands over his ears to try and stop the ringing. Another nightmare.

Jimmy's been having nightmares since highschool but they'd gotten worse after he'd moving out, especially this week. For the last week it's been the same nightmare, over and over and over again...

He wasn't sure what it meant, but he knew it probably wasn't anything pleasant. The frightened boy rested his forehead on his bent knees as it played on repeat.

It began in a golden field, the grass was long and looked like it was made of sunlight; gleaming beautifully in the summer weather. The sky was an immaculate blue, puffy white clouds dancing along it. Trees surrounded him. This place always felt familiar, like he's been here before, but he couldn't put his finger on it.

He always would wake up in his dream to this place, it was calm and quiet. Always quiet. He would soon hear a womanly voice calling to him, the boy would feel himself grin widely before getting up and running towards where the voice was coming from. Jimmy would be met with the view of his mother, she'd be wearing a blue sun dress as her long strawberry blonde hair was pulled back into a loose ponytail. The only thing he couldn't see was her face, it was blurry spot where her face was meant to be. He'd run at full speed towards her, enveloping her into a loving embrace. Smiling happily.

"So this is where you ran off jami." she'd say to him, using the nickname only she used for him as she wrapped her arms around his small frame.

"You really scared me jami, I thought you ran away.." Her once soft voice would shift into a deep man's voice. He'd feel the figure start to become taller in his touch, the grip of the person's arms becoming tighter and more painful. With fear in his eyes he gazes up at the figure to see it had become his father. The face was still blurry but he could sense what his face might be doing. The once beautiful field, had become a dense and dark forest. Distant howls of wolves and nocturnal birds chirping rang in the dark night air, making the already frightened boy tense up more. He'd break away from his father's grasp and would start running in whatever direction his feet lead him to.

When he felt himself become exhaust, he hide behind a large oak tree as he covered his mouth to try and get rid of his prominent heavy breathing. He could hear his father slowly walking around in search of him, making snide remarks that he couldn't remember.

When he'd hear the footsteps go farther away from him, thinking he was safe finally, his father would jump out from behind the tree. His father would grab him by his shirt collar and begin dragging him somewhere, he didn't know where or why because the dream always ends about there. Sometimes the dream goes so he's able to see glowing windows but nothing else.

He sighed, inhaling and exhaling a few times to calm himself down. He glanced over to the clock next to him, 6:42am he groaned as he rubbed his eyes. He had to get up for work in like an hour.

Jimmy Jr got up from his bed and grabbed a glass of water from the kitchen, sitting it on the table next to him and getting back under the covers. Turning over and closing his eyes again, craving sleep. It wasn't long before he fell asleep once more.

--

Does anyone else just grab a drink when you can't sleep and suddenly your able to sleep after getting it?

Ha.. me neither,,