Sleepover

The credits began to roll on the screen, the ending track of every other episode softly emitting from the speakers, last seconds of the final episode playing out. The blue light that once reflected on his face, engulfing him in the wonders of the moving figures on the screen, his murky swamp green eyes would soon be left lifeless once it had faded to black. Ending the thing that was distracting Jimmy from the inevitable.

It was close to 4 am at this point, the sun would soon be streaming into the dark apartment within the next hour. Covering the blank walls with golden rays of light through the cracks in the closed grey curtains.

Jimmy Jr rubbed his eyes, feeling the familiar ache consume them and become painful to look at anything. Something he knew he would come to regret later in the day. The boy grabbed the remote that sat next to him and shut the television off, leaving him in the pitch dark and silence of his two best friends' shared apartment. The pair still stayed sound asleep in the spots they were hours ago. Mat in his room, and Zeke on the living room couch.

He had suspected one of them would've woken from the sound of the tv still playing, especially Zeke since he laid not too far away from him on the couch. Jimmy Jr sighed, placing the remote on the coffee table and standing upright. He began picking up various cans of soda the boys had drank and left out once the contents had been drained out of them, the bag of popcorn that they had made around mid second season which mainly Jimmy had ate, the spared gummy bears in the bags that were threatening to spill on the table and Zeke's goofy coffee mug-one of interesting gifts Mat has bought the brunette over the years-putting them wherever they're supposed to belong.

Once that was all done, he went back to the coffee table. Picking up his phone and slipping it into his pocket, there's no pen and paper anywhere.. guess I'll have to text them instead that I'm leaving he thought as he glanced around one more time to make sure there wasn't any paper or loose can laying around the flat. Nope nothing.

Jimmy never stayed the night at anyone's place, never, not since he was in middle school. There arrived some issues with him staying at friends' houses. He walked to the door, about to leave when he heard a voice from behind that made him jump out of his skin.

"Where do you think you're going?"

He slowly turned to see the stocky built brunette sitting up and stretching his arms, becoming slightly panicked. "I'm going home.." he stated, "why are you up?" The boy's eyes flicking between the door knob and his friend who was now walking closer to him. Zeke shook his head head in disbelief, ignoring Jimmy's question, cracking an amused tired smile "you're planning to walk home at 4 in the morning, in New Jersey, kinda risky don't ya think?" He asked as he half chuckled to himself. Jimmy shifted uncomfortably on his feet, gripping the door knob in his hands tightly, he hated small talk. It was awkward and uncomfortable, yet his friend seemed so relaxed. The words slipping from his lips natural, as if it was like any other conversation they'd had. But the boy felt like he was in a stand off, the urge to run out the door was becoming increasingly more desired as the brunette came closer with ever slow and calculated step towards him but he couldn't move. He was frozen.

"I've done it lots before, it's not any more dangerous than walking home at midnight or 8pm.." he countered, looking up at his friend with silent pleading eyes. Telling him to let him leave, let him not stay any longer.

"I know you've done it lots man, you do it for work all the time, but you also do it whenever come over to our place. Why don't you want to stay the night Jimmy?"

Jimmy gripped the door knob even tighter, pushing his back against the door frame, his knuckles turning white. "It's not like I don't want to.. I just can't.." he said vaguely, "I just can't.."