six

Everyone was looking at Donghyuck, expecting him to answer with an 'I do'. But he didn't. Instead he let go of Jeno's hands and closed his eyes. "I..."

Mark could see Jeno suddenly frown and Donghyuck's parents in the back stand up. People started whispering as Donghyuck opened his eyes. Now, he was looking right back at Mark.

"W-what do you mean?", Donghyuck asked, Mark placing him back on the ground.

"This might be very overwhelming to you but, Hyuck, I love you. I love you, I love you, I love you. I loved you the second I layed my eyes on you, I loved you when you kissed someone else, I loved you when you told me to get lost. And I will always love you. Donghyuck, for the last eleven years you have been the purpose of my life, my 'because' to every question 'why?'. And I know, you don't return those feelings but I just love you so much. It hurts to know that you won't ever be mine but I love you, Lee Donghyuck."

It was silent, Donghyuck staring up at Mark with widened eyes and parted lips, tears rolling down his cheeks.

And suddenly he was in Mark's embrace again, except this time, his lips were on the elder's.

"I can't." Mark gasped along with everyone else in the hall, Donghyuck taking a step away from Jeno when he tried reaching out to him.

The sunkissed boy lowered his head. "I love you Jeno, I really do. But I love someone else more." Shocked, Mark stepped forward, not knowing what he was trying to do.

Parting, the two boys connected their foreheads, smiles now dancing on their lips.

"I am sorry, I am so fucking sorry." But to everyone's surprise those words weren't directed towards Jeno, they were directed towards Mark who let himself be pulled forward as Donghyuck took his hand.

"Mark Lee", he started.

"I love you too."

"Please make me the happiest man on this earth by marrying me right here, right now."

For the nth time Mark's eyes widened. "Because..."

"I love you."

| tbc |