Part 11

Harry knocked at the door that led to Severus Snape's office.

"Come in," professor Snape said hoarsely.

Sabrina was already there.

"Hi Harry!" she said cheerfully.

To be honest, Sabrina kind of felt elated to earn a detention. Back in home, she got lots of activities to keep herself busy, but here all she could do was attend some boring lectures and act as if she were actually learning the spells for the first time in her life.

But detention? Now that was something interesting.

Harry's fashion sense is terrible. I doubt he has brushed his hair ever in his life. But oddly, he rocks even with a messy hair, was her first thought when he spotted Harry coming into the room.

"Potter scraped every last bit of records when we had a meeting last time." professor Snape said. "Funny, how then I overlooked the fact that soon we might be having an encounter again, given his reputation for trouble-making."

Sabrina snorted.

"Is there any problem, miss Parkinson?" professor Snape asked.

"Well, no professor, go on please. I was just admiring your poetry. If my applaud sounded like a snort, I'm extremely sorry."

"My what, miss Parkinson?" professor asked dubiously.

"It's a pleasant experience hearing you talk." Sabrina went on. "It's like hearing a wonderful poetry."

"And that's why you don't give Slytherins detention." Harry observed. "Because they butter you constantly and you live for it."

Snape ignored both of them.

"As I've been busy doing myriad jobs, I couldn't spare enough time to find chores for your detention."

Sabrina gasped inaudibly. Was professor going to tell them they were free of serving their detention? But that couldn't happen! Finally a sense of adventure and that couldn't be taken away from her, too!

"So, I talked with Mr. Flich. He said he had some works he needed help with" professor Snape continued. "Mr, Flich!" professor called.

Flich instantly emerged from shadows, as if he were waiting for the professor to call him out.

"Yes sir," he said with as much respect as he could muster.

"You said you needed help. These two are in detention, so I think they can help you get your work done. Make sure they don't use any form of magic."

"Of course sir!" said Flich enthusiastically. "You!" he pointed at Harry. "Come with me."

Harry looked at the professor like he wanted to throttle him.

Flich took them in the hospital wing and asked them to clean bedpans.

"Give me your wand," he smiled crookedly.

Sabrina extended her hand to surrender her wand. Harry pulled out his reluctantly.

After cleaning several bedpans, Harry cursed. "I can't believe I'm doing this." he said. "I should have been in the quidditch field right now, practicing with my team."

He cast her a loathing look.

"Come on! It's not that bad!" Sabrina said happily. "Although, the stains are bit... stubborn, it seems. They don't wanna come off easily."

Harry looked at the ceiling, as of doing a prayer for having more mental stability.

"Why are you after me, Pansy? What is that you want?" he asked bitterly.

"I want so many things, but I'm not sure you could bring them for me, since I doubt our relationship is in a position to swap gifts."

"Who talked about giving gifts?" Harry exclaimed. "Never mind. Asking you a question is like asking moaning myrtle why she died. Though both options are terrible, I think I would choose the latter given the choice."

"Hmm. I will remember to tell her this crucial piece of information. I think she would be glad to score over me, although I can't assure you about her reaction once she hears that you said, asking her about how she died is a terrible option." Sabrina crossed her hands over her chest and leaned against a wall to face Harry.

Harry rolled his eyes. "Honestly, how does Malfoy tolerate you? No wonder he always looks so... haggard." he said, pushing his spectacle over the bridge of his nose.

"Malfoy is a sucker for my savageness." she said. "And you will be too, once you get used to it."

Harry rolled his eyes and then started cleaning bedpans.

After a while, Sabrina called him out.

"Hey Harry!"

Harry didn't answer.

"Harry!" this time louder.

Still no answer.

"Potter!" this time she tugged his sleeve.

"What?" Harry asked, annoyed.

"Look!"

A baby dragon was curled up at a corner on the floor. It was sleeping blissfully, and tendrils of smoke was erupting from its nose.

"Where did it come from?" he asked.

"I don't know!"

"Okay, but why are you whispering?" Harry asked dubiously.

"I don't know! I'm so excited!" she whispered.

"I think we should call-" but before he could finish his sentence, a very tall man with bulky figure and bushy hair approached them.

"Harry," he said. "Wot you're doing here?" he asked.

#April 23,2021,9:51 pm